Marine Side Arm?

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by dbltap, Jul 27, 2009.

1. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

I made a run on an old lady about 7 years ago who shot herself in the chest with a snub nose .38 (I guess it throws out my all suicides with a .22 theory). The bullet went in below her heart, and wedged in the skin in her back. You could see the pullet poking out, but it did not break the skin. She seemed no worse for her ordeal, her vital signs were stable. She did complain alot about us startng an I.V. on her. I found this strange after she had shot herself? A couple of minutes after we droped her off in the E.R. she became non responsive and died about two minutes latter. Some times it takes a little while for the bullets to have an effect.

If this was a thug who was attacking some one, he could very easily fight for ten minutes like the devil himself then latter die.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  2. 17thfabn

17thfabn New Member

Even from a 9" barrel 3,000 fps is impressive. But I guess 3,000 fps with or little weight behind it is just not enough.
  3. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    As I've heard it told, the .30-06 and the .45 did so much damage that the NATO people wanted to take some of the hard-hitting out of the game. Along with standardization of the rounds, they wanted something not so destructive. Sounds like a Kumbaya moment. Anyway, The US opted for fast, penetrating rounds, as opposed to rounds that could take an arm or leg. That's how the M16 superseded the M14. Cheaper, and didn't mess the target all up. Or so I've been told. TJ
  4. macro01

macro01 New Member

marines prefer 1911 more, their MEU uses a modified 1911
  5. Thomas G

Thomas G New Member

When they dumped tier .38's they were issued single action .45 Colts