Marines at Cairo Embassy prohibited from carrying ammo

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Blackhawk Dave, Sep 13, 2012.

1. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Have you ever been in the US Military?

How do you think you are going to be AWOL and get on the next vessel home?

Yes, if you are leaving your unit unauthorized you will be AWOL and it will be next to impossible to get on a Military aircraft out of the country. The odds are, you will be in prison or back to your unit before you will get out of the foreign country.
  2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Yes, and saw one of my many platoon leaders do it... just left us the day before the invasion in 2003. He's still an officer with a good career BTW!

And if you're AWOL and you get caught, guess how they send you home? on that same aircraft anyway. not something I will likely have to worry about though.

And leavenworth is much better than running around a foreign country sans ammo.
  3. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Well I guess the Militaries changed a lot since I was in, there is no way I would have been able to one day just decide to get on a Military aircraft and leave.
  4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think all our guys should leave. If they expect you be in these dangerous places with no ammo I would leave to. Tell Obama to go there. Let him deal with them with no ammo.
  5. Conman

Conman Member

For some silly reason I always thought the United States Marines were stationed at our American embassies to provide protection.............

This must be orders from Ms. Hilliary?????????????????/

What are the Marines?? Targets????
  6. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

They're "decor" ! IMNSHO I'd opt for the one making that decision and those meekly implementing it to be stood up against a wall. In times past embassies/consulates were considered "national territory" and aggression against one - or an ambassador - was tantamount to a declaration of war. Loss of an embassy was not only a black eye to the host nation, but one with serious consequence - legal and economic - for its citizens at home and abroad

I see no reason not to continue that well-proven practice ! >MW