Mark ll bolt

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by TheSniper, Mar 18, 2009.

1. TheSniper

TheSniper New Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. TheSniper

TheSniper New Member

Its a savage mark 2 bolt action rifle.
  3. kansas45

kansas45 New Member

I have a MKII-F & a MKII-FV. Both are good, solid rifles. Both shoot well. the FV has the Accu-Trigger, with both being adjustable. Personally, I don't think the Accu-Trigger is a big advantage over the standard trigger. Both have fairly smooth actions, that tend to get better with use. The MKII-F is a little more accurate then the MKII-FV. At least in the two I own. The magazines are a little touchy & usually need a little tweeking to make them feed every round correctly.
  4. Capmarine

Capmarine New Member

Southern Illinois...in the Shawnee National Forest
    Savage Mark ll is a good rifle. I have a Mark ll F series with synthetic stock, and rifle sights. It has the accu-trigger which I feel is helpful, as it can be adjusted with the tool provided with purchase. They're accurate with factory rifle sights, but become tack-drivers when scoped out properly. This model originally came out to cater to the target shooters, and Savage prided themselves on their accuracy. You can easily get quarter size groups at 25 yrds....and I was tagging bowling pins at 100 yrds after I set my scope to hit 1 inch high at 25yrds with a 6 o'clock point of aim.

This is a great accurate squirrell gun too. That was the main purpose I purchased it. When it comes to accuracy, you can't beat the bolt action.

Semper Fi
  5. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

I have a MKII model BTVS - laminated thumbhole stock, stainless heavy target barrel. It's an exquisite rifle. IMHO - there aren't many after market parts for the simple reason that you don't need them. I have four Savage clips and all feed flawlessly. I can't speak to long term durability as I've only had this one a few months, but it certainly is accurate. Quite obviously, this model is for target shooting rather than hunting. I'm extremely pleased with mine, and I got a heck of a deal!
  6. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Savage rifles are often not as cosmetically pleasing as some other well known, more expensive brands. But, they are of decent and sound mechanical design, and are usually considered a good value for ones money.

Few knowledgeable persons would claim that the average accuracy of Savage rifles is in any way inferior to most of the more expensive mass production rifles they compete with.; Often mass production rifle accuracy is much better than some high priced, status symbol, limited production rifles, whose accuracy does not match their pretty looks and expensive price.

Over many years of reading various gun magazine side by side accuracy tests of rifle brands (that included a Savage) in a 4 to 6 gun test, in the same center-fire caliber; the Savage often finished #1 and usually did not perform worse than an insignificant second.

{For example: in a 4 gun side by side, @ 100 yards you might find average group sizes of 0.80", 0.90", 1.33", and 3.00". Most person would agree that the difference between the first two average groups is not significant for hunting.}
  7. MemphisJim1

MemphisJim1 New Member

I have a MkII "Mako" I scored new two years ago (since discontinued, I believe). Hands down it is the most accurate rifle I own. I love it.