1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mark Twain; 2nd hand beliefs & convictions

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45Auto, Nov 7, 2011.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."
    - Autobiography of Mark Twain

I have been observing this truth in modern times. With every other outlet of political spin spewing the same talking points. :rolleyes:

Sam Clemens remains as much on target today as he was over 100 years ago. :D
  2. H-D

H-D Active Member

I get my beliefs 2nd hand from the Holy Bible
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

45 yes indeed , he spoke way too soon on many subjects ( just a private joke ) and is to me a very insightful gent to this day ..

but H-D is also correct faith is personal , personal discovery of things and issues is very important , but a lot just do and follow what they are told ..