1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Marlin 1895 feed question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Helix_FR, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

feed question on a Marlin 1895 . I think this gun has a issue with the mag tube but I'm trying to figure out if the way if feeds to the receiver is correct. Currently when the lever is pulled, the new round will not come out of the mag tube until the lever is at full down position. In doing this the new round pops (more like flys) out of the mag to the carrier but is stopped hard by the bolt lock. Is this correct? I though that upon initial cocking (about 1/4 cocked) the new round comes out of the mag, comes in contact with the lever and rides it back until resting on the carrier. This gun has an occasional feed issue that I think is contributed by the erosion and pitting in the mag tube.(wasent cleaned properly or even oiled at that.) When cycled fast it sometimes jambs where the new round does not come out of the mag and is then wedged by the carrier, locking everything up. Friend of mine thinks its a weak mag spring but I'm thinking the mag tube being erroded is creating additional drag that the spring can't overcome.Not to mention its tearing up the brass. Never delt with the marlin Lever actions but I'm not thinking its right. Just trying to figure out the proper cycle action.