1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Marlin 336 peep sight question

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by streetbob, Sep 20, 2012.

1. streetbob

streetbob Active Member

Hey guys I have a Marlin 336W rifle chambered in 30-30, well I had a Nikon 3-9x40 scope on it with the DNZ 1 piece scope mount & rings for last years hunting season. I recently picked up a Remington 710 30-06 rifle & switched the packaged scope with my Nikon, picked the rifle up from a friend for $150.00 with only 6 rounds through it. Well now I want to turn the 336 back into the lever gun it should have been. I already picked up a Wild West Large Loop Lever, Wild West Trigger, & had some great looking leather work done. Now its time to pick a peep sight to eliminate the buck-horn sights. The 2 so far I have in mind are the XS Ghost Ring Kit & the Skinner Alaskan "Black Gold" peeps. Does anyone have, or shot a rifle with ether of these peeps on it? Do you have any other suggestions? I also want a new front sight too, so can you tell me a good one? Thanks a bunch.
  2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I love the Skinner sights.

I have one on a 1966 336 44mag, for the money it's hard to beat. Works well and it looks "right" on the gun. I did need to buy a higher front sight from Skinner also and it was made well also.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. GunHugger

Here's the front sight too.
    [​IMG]
  4. GunHugger

Your welcome, glad I could help. :rolleyes: