Marlin 336 peep sight question

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by streetbob, Sep 20, 2012.

1. streetbob

streetbob Active Member

Hey guys I have a Marlin 336W rifle chambered in 30-30, well I had a Nikon 3-9x40 scope on it with the DNZ 1 piece scope mount & rings for last years hunting season. I recently picked up a Remington 710 30-06 rifle & switched the packaged scope with my Nikon, picked the rifle up from a friend for $150.00 with only 6 rounds through it. Well now I want to turn the 336 back into the lever gun it should have been. I already picked up a Wild West Large Loop Lever, Wild West Trigger, & had some great looking leather work done. Now its time to pick a peep sight to eliminate the buck-horn sights. The 2 so far I have in mind are the XS Ghost Ring Kit & the Skinner Alaskan "Black Gold" peeps. Does anyone have, or shot a rifle with ether of these peeps on it? Do you have any other suggestions? I also want a new front sight too, so can you tell me a good one? Thanks a bunch.
  2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I love the Skinner sights.

I have one on a 1966 336 44mag, for the money it's hard to beat. Works well and it looks "right" on the gun. I did need to buy a higher front sight from Skinner also and it was made well also.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. GunHugger

Here's the front sight too.
    [​IMG]
  4. GunHugger

Your welcome, glad I could help. :rolleyes: