1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Marlin 49

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by goofy, Mar 14, 2012.

1. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I was handed a Marlin 49 12ga. ALL APART! and was asked if I can put it back together.It is in need of parts and I can't find a listing at numrich or jack first.Can parts still be found? Is it the same as the mod.24? And can I get a schematic?
    Never saw one before (apart) so getting it together will be fun with out some kind of pics.Even a parts pic would help.
    Any ideas? (other then toss it in scrap pile)
    Thanks
    Mike
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i bet u would find something on u-tube also
  4. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Thanks Beth I looked and really could not find anything(that is one of my 1st stops).
    TRAPP55 THAT'S WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR ;)
    Thanks it is a little different but it is what the doctor ordered.
    Thanks again
    Mike
  5. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

You're welcome Mike!
    I know it's not the exact same gun, but Marlins didn't vary much in design, and I figured like me, pictures are worth millions of words when trying to figure out how it all fits back together.
    I got handed a basket case too, one I didn't even know existed. A Squires Bingham Model 30 pump 12ga made in the Philippines, I "think" back in the 60's. By the looks of it, it hasn't been cleaned since then either.:rolleyes:
    I usually don't take in a basket case, especially one I'm not familiar with. One of those deals where it's a favor for a guy, that does work for an elderly lady on her ranch, and she's always finding me great deals on old guns. Yeah, my arm got twisted.:)
    Update us on your "project"!
  6. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Well it's back together and tested:D This for a customer who brings in allot of work and all I said to him is "I have never taken one apart before so lets see if I can put it together"And told him it was going to cost him a full load of mushroom soil for the garden.Because I charge extra when a gun is handed to me in peaces.He said "give it a try and good luck"And now he is going to be happy and my garden is going to be happy and I learned about another gun.
    Thanks again.
    Mike
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012