Marlin 49

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by goofy, Mar 14, 2012.

1. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

I was handed a Marlin 49 12ga. ALL APART! and was asked if I can put it back together.It is in need of parts and I can't find a listing at numrich or jack first.Can parts still be found? Is it the same as the mod.24? And can I get a schematic?
    Never saw one before (apart) so getting it together will be fun with out some kind of pics.Even a parts pic would help.
    Any ideas? (other then toss it in scrap pile)
    Thanks
    Mike
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i bet u would find something on u-tube also
  4. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Thanks Beth I looked and really could not find anything(that is one of my 1st stops).
    TRAPP55 THAT'S WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR ;)
    Thanks it is a little different but it is what the doctor ordered.
    Thanks again
    Mike
  5. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

You're welcome Mike!
    I know it's not the exact same gun, but Marlins didn't vary much in design, and I figured like me, pictures are worth millions of words when trying to figure out how it all fits back together.
    I got handed a basket case too, one I didn't even know existed. A Squires Bingham Model 30 pump 12ga made in the Philippines, I "think" back in the 60's. By the looks of it, it hasn't been cleaned since then either.:rolleyes:
    I usually don't take in a basket case, especially one I'm not familiar with. One of those deals where it's a favor for a guy, that does work for an elderly lady on her ranch, and she's always finding me great deals on old guns. Yeah, my arm got twisted.:)
    Update us on your "project"!
  6. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Well it's back together and tested:D This for a customer who brings in allot of work and all I said to him is "I have never taken one apart before so lets see if I can put it together"And told him it was going to cost him a full load of mushroom soil for the garden.Because I charge extra when a gun is handed to me in peaces.He said "give it a try and good luck"And now he is going to be happy and my garden is going to be happy and I learned about another gun.
    Thanks again.
    Mike
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012