marlin 60

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by mr.t7024, Nov 25, 2010.

1. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Is a Marlin model 60, 50th Anniversary model worth 200 dollars. I was planning on not shooting it!
  2. tonkaman

tonkaman New Member

a gun you wont shoot? no not worth the money IMO. if youre gonna spend the money at least take it once and a while
  3. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

I have more than enough 22's to shoot,I was planning on just hanging on to it and hope it would go up in value, which I believe it would,I think...!
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

With close to 12 million model 60s sold over the years, I can't imagine it rising in value very much.

It is pretty though...
  5. tonkaman

tonkaman New Member

well look at like i do, if it makes you happy then it is definatley worth it.
  6. pawn

pawn New Member

I think it is worth it. Maybe not in your lifetime but to pass on to the next generation, it will appreciate, moreso if unfired. I say buy it. JMO
  7. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Let's see...a $175 rifle with a $300 Walnut stock on it...um, DUH!!

Buy it, save it, if the 39 commemeratives are any clue, it'll go up...

Darn nice stocks...
  8. pilote

pilote New Member

...as an investment, it's a weak one. there are better gun choices to be found if you're looking for max appreciation.
  9. grcsat

grcsat Member

If you like it then buy it. It's your money and who knows what it may be worth in the futre. Yes we all know that some will go up in value faster than others and some just seem to stagnate in price. Ask any old fart (me incuded) what he paid for whatever when he was a kid and look at todays prices. You simply don't know for sure what will go up and how fast it will rise in value.
    This is what I bought in the past with no thought of any real value or collectablity.

one case of bereta 1935 pistols @ $25 each
    brno model 2 new $180
    rossi--what? nobody collected those.
    mauser 98s $25-$100 -you didn't collect those , you turned them into sporters , they didn't have much value as a military collectable.
    303 brit. $35 thats a work horse for people who couldent aford a rem. or win.
    M1 carbine-any make -$119 new as in unisued.
    Nagant $15-25 in really good shape.-used to buy them just to collect the crest on the reivers and throw away the rest of the rifle.

The point I'm tryn to make is you don't know what will go up in value.
    Persectives on colleting change in time. And with the internet our young pepole have the advantage of knowlege of fireamrs today that I( and many others) as a kid never had.

If you like it Buy it.!!!!
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  10. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    as an investment?no.i have a collection of nylon remingtons that are just barly going up in value,i also have all the daisy 22 rifle models and they arent worth hardly anything.i know that few people even knew daisy bb made a 22 rifle.i wont say it will not go up at all but its not a retirement deal. old semperfi