1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Marlin 70HC

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by LIKTOSHOOT, Aug 28, 2006.

1. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Just thought I`d share a blast from the past. Absolutely NIB and unfired-a Marlin 70HC-HB with the actual factory magazine which is a 25 rounder---not the 7 or 15 rounder. Eat yer heart out. Worth at least a sharp stick in the eye........lol

LTS

Attached Files:

2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Now jes whar in the hell'd ya fin dat? :eek:
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

That is sweet LTS
  4. lead

lead Well-Known Member

That's one sweet little rifle. Ive seen lots of the 15 round clips, but not the 25!
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

6. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Attached Files:

• 47.jpg
      47.jpg
      File size:
      19.9 KB
      Views:
  7. Jake

Jake Member

My marlin came with 2 15 round clips and a 25round. These mags are trash. I still have one of the 15 round clips. The top lip on my clips all cracked within a year and woldn't hold shells anymore. My gun constantly jammed with these clips. I bought a steel 7 round clip for it and haven't had a problem with it for the last 6 years.
  8. VA5RI

VA5RI New Member

Hi just joined the rim fire group. Saw this list by you. Who sells the 15 shot clips as have never seen them before. Maybe because of being in Canada or did these come along after a style change with the 70HC.
    Thanks
  9. bigfoot_tall

bigfoot_tall New Member

I don't think that Marlin is making any more 15 rnd clips because of gun laws in various states, such as CA which limits removable magazines to 10 rounds. (Barrels can have 14 I think.) I have a Marlin 795 and it came with a 10 rnd clip. You can buy more 10 and 7 round clips for about $16 +shipping on marlin's site. Gander Mountain has the 10 rnds for $20. I did see someone on Ebay selling two 10 rnd clips for $20.
  10. rangerruck

rangerruck New Member

a place called , Hard to Find, mags and clips, out of Arizona, sells the 15 rounders.
  11. ky_shaymus

ky_shaymus New Member

The Marlin 70HC .22LR was my first gun that I ever bought. Paid $50 for it from a friend. It had two 7 round magazines......Though it did at one time have 2 15 round magazines. It also had a BSA scope mounted on it.

I can remember the first time I got a rabbit with it. 50 yards out, I spotted the rabbit sitting still. I motioned to my cousin that I've spoted the rabbbit. Looking through the scope again....I'll be damn if that thing was running. Not off to the side or up ahead of us,.....But right toward us. Something had spooked it. I got him in my crosshairs and took the shot. The rabbit was maybe 40-30 yards out when I got him.

I sold the Marlin to my cousin for $40....After I started having troubles with the gun jamming on me a lot. I don't know what the deal was but I was annoyed by it. A week later I went out and bought a Ruger 10/22. I mounted a BSA scope and BSA laser sight and light combo, I also bought 4 Eagle 30 round magazines for it and a friend gave me 2 25 round Butler Creek magazines. I just picked up another Ruger (Realtree Camo) 10/22 with 3 Eagle 30 round magazines and a Bushnell scope, from a friend in a trade deal. No regrets selling the Marlin and getting a Ruger.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  12. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Thats about it. Trade it quick.

This is the same action as the Model 60 except for the Mag feed vs Tube feed.
    I don't what it is, but as mentioned above it is a Jam-O-Matic.

Spent a lot of time to find the cause of the jams including complete tear down on a nearly new one. They just won't feed right.
  13. JLittle44

JLittle44 New Member

Hello all,

I joined this forum just because of this thread, which I have been following for some time. As a teenager I melted my 25rd banana clip for my 70HC and then went off to college. That was back in '94 and ,sadly, it never got replaced.

After speaking with one of the engineers at promag, I am extraordinarily happy to say that there will be hi-cap mags either this summer or fall for the 795 and I am almost certain they will fit my 70HC!
  14. JLittle44

JLittle44 New Member

I cannot speak for any of the other models, but the 70HC pictured at the beginning of this thread is NOT a Jam-O-Matic. Mine eats up whatever ammo you throw at it. It was purchased in 1990 and I am sure that at one time or another, it has had a jam, but I certainly can't remember it ever happening.
  15. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Next time you get down Florida way, bring it by...I can usually fix 'em in an hour or two :D

Half the time it's the ammo...the other half it's one of the following; recoil spring/buffer/ejector/improper initial cleaning.

Every once in a blue moon you find one with a slight burr on the bolt...takes about 5 minutes to resolve...

Amd whatever ya do, don't use the 15-round mags...they're complete junk.