Marlin 795 Best little gun ever!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by marlin795, Aug 20, 2011.

1. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    I got my Marlin 795 Blue today and went to the river bar and went though 300 rounds in a couple hours. Brought her home and disassembled her and cleaned her really well and now is sitting by my night stand with a full clip of .22 Winchester full metal jacket hollow points for home defense. Amazing little gun. Works beautifully and is just all around fun. My best friend loved it too and is going to buy one now. :)
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Not much can beat a day plinking with a .22 semi auto and that Marlin is sure enough a good one. Glad you had a good time.
  3. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Now you need mag loader. Juker turned us on to a real simple design after he made it for his and it works great. Just scroll down a little ways in the .22 rimfire section and you'll see "Marlin 795 mag loader" posted by Juker.
  4. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

Great gun, I like the way it cycles the first round with your right thumb.Mags are strong and easy to load and it has the micro-grove barrel for accuracy.Also a great gun to teach first time shooters with.I like em' too!
  5. ChuckB

ChuckB New Member

I own a Ruger 10/22 and a Marlin 795 and I actually like the 795 better. Mounted a 4x32 scope on it. Zowie!
  6. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    by the way,your clip is a magazine. old semperfi
  7. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I's sure enough be happy to just shoot one!
    Ive never even had one in my hands, yet.
    Congrats on your 795!
  8. Zane71464

Brilliant post by Juker!
    http://thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=87177
  9. Juker

Juker New Member

Thanks for the props, guys. It's quickly become one of my favorites as well, and the price can't be beat. Marlin is offering their $25 rebate again right now, putting the price at around $100. It's an EXCELLENT rifle for SHTF, lightweight, accurate, reliable. If you don't have one, get one!

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Rebates/rebates_spring2011.asp
  10. Zane71464

Ive been seeing their rebate and alot of thoughts have been going through my mind! :D
  11. Juker

Juker New Member

You sure won't find many guns out there today with a $125 sticker and universally solid reviews. :)
  12. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Excellent gun,enjoy & keep the lead flying!:)
  13. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

It's a great little gun. I've been working the last several days and the next several I'm so itching to go shooting again.
  14. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

I bent my bolt spring putting my gun back together after cleaning it good after putting 1500 rounds through it yesterday. I'm so thankful for my local gunsmith shop who had a whole box of Marlin 60's springs which are the same. He said the 795 is also built better than the 60 after he looked at my 795. :) $5 and back in action and super clean and freshly oiled. lol
  15. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Great to hear all the good reviews! I own a very old 60, manufactured in 1962.. that my dad bought as his first target shooter. I think he just bought it to bust targets, and squirrels when he was in his early teens! I love the 60, but I have been lookin to get the missus, and her little guy into something "new", but deadly simple to operate...although not much has changed with the model 60! And I like my 10/22 too much to let the little guy go buck wild in the bush, shootin targets! This sounds like the next plinker purchase for us! I love crackin .22's all day without a worry in the world! Sah-weet!
  16. brandon.webb

brandon.webb New Member

Im happy to here I am making a good product that everyone is enjoying. Makes my day better, now that I have seen that
  17. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

It's definatly the best gun I've owned yet.
  18. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

While I dearly love my Marlins...and I have quite a few...
    I do have to say that any Marlin made between 2005-2010 should be checked out carefully before purchase.
    Lots of disgruntled workers during that time period, and it definitely showed in several places.
    Mainly in the 3/8" scope rail...and the bolt.

If you measure the scope rail with a Micrometer in various places, it SHOULD be .43 at each measurement.
    Many from 2005-10 weren't. Easy fix tho...take a triangle file, cover one side with tape, and file away the excess...
    paint the receiver with Krylon Flat Black (or whatevver you like) and let dry & enjoy :)

The bolt, if you remove it, can be rather rough...the fix is to simply sand/file/stone it until smooth as a baby's butt.
    While you are at it, do the inside of the receiver and the top of the action rails...oil well...and reassemble.
    It'll be slicker than a banana peel in a cartoon :D

Occasionally you'll see Barrel Indexing isues...both sights twisted about 10-degrees to the right or left.
    Those can pretty much Only be sent back to Marlin under warranty...as the pin-in barrel makes user mods difficult.

There are other little cosmetic issues...and the occasional screwed-up chamber, but no more than any other rifle MFR has.

Oh, and the Shooter's Ridge 25-rd mags...so far have been either good or totally awful, with the lead to awful right now.
    Best used in a rifle that has been pillar bedded...but even then, issues abound.
    Hopefully the second gen of the mag will be better...RFC folks are working with SR to help them resolve the issues.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011