Marlin 795 Best little gun ever!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by marlin795, Aug 20, 2011.

1. brandon.webb

brandon.webb New Member

Im happy to here I am making a good product that everyone is enjoying. Makes my day better, now that I have seen that
  2. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    It's definatly the best gun I've owned yet.
  3. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

While I dearly love my Marlins...and I have quite a few...
    I do have to say that any Marlin made between 2005-2010 should be checked out carefully before purchase.
    Lots of disgruntled workers during that time period, and it definitely showed in several places.
    Mainly in the 3/8" scope rail...and the bolt.

If you measure the scope rail with a Micrometer in various places, it SHOULD be .43 at each measurement.
    Many from 2005-10 weren't. Easy fix tho...take a triangle file, cover one side with tape, and file away the excess...
    paint the receiver with Krylon Flat Black (or whatevver you like) and let dry & enjoy :)

The bolt, if you remove it, can be rather rough...the fix is to simply sand/file/stone it until smooth as a baby's butt.
    While you are at it, do the inside of the receiver and the top of the action rails...oil well...and reassemble.
    It'll be slicker than a banana peel in a cartoon :D

Occasionally you'll see Barrel Indexing isues...both sights twisted about 10-degrees to the right or left.
    Those can pretty much Only be sent back to Marlin under warranty...as the pin-in barrel makes user mods difficult.

There are other little cosmetic issues...and the occasional screwed-up chamber, but no more than any other rifle MFR has.

Oh, and the Shooter's Ridge 25-rd mags...so far have been either good or totally awful, with the lead to awful right now.
    Best used in a rifle that has been pillar bedded...but even then, issues abound.
    Hopefully the second gen of the mag will be better...RFC folks are working with SR to help them resolve the issues.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011