1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Marlin 795 mag loader

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Juker, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

I don't know, considering this is a homemade cheap mag loader I would imagine anyone seeing it would just find something around the house to use. The first time I looked at the mag when I first got my Marlin I saw this trick. I just pressed the follower down with the eraser end of a pencil and stuck one of the tiny screwdrivers I have on my ammo box through the hole. I have since gone the more "expensive" route with the $25 Uplula as I experienced many more than 4 out of 22 of rounds getting stuck, not even just the first round either. Sometimes others would get stuck in the thinner side of the mag making me have to dump the whole mag out and start over.
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

Had a lovely day of shootin' today, including 300 rounds through the 795. Reloaded the 3 10-rounders using my Speed Plunger and it really sped things along.

If any of you haven't snagged a Marlin 795, get one - best $100 I ever spent, lightweight, and a real joy to shoot!
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

$100? new $100?
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

They were selling for $125 at Dick's and other places, with a $25 rebate from Marlin. Plastic stock, plastic trigger guard, but the same action as the 60 with a magazine. Sweet little plinker!
  5. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Great idea seeing that it has no thumb button on the side of those mags where one of the slip over loaders would work. The guy that made the ultimate clip loader lives 30 minutes from me and I have bought many. He was like you tired of getting sore thumbs I was like you tired of sore thumbs too. I have bought many of the ultimate clip loaders as gifts. Don't cut yourself short definitely do a little research and see if one of these are on the market. If not remove these pics and get the prototype going. It will sell itself!! If just 10% are like me anything that makes my life easier is money well spent. You may become a very rich man. Great work.
  6. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

7. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

The Ultimate Clip Loader works by a screw that sticks out of the bottom of the loader that when the magazine is pushed into it the screw pushes the thumb button on the side of the magazine down. I don't see a way to do this unless you take a dremmel and cut a slot the length of the magazine and use a pin or something to push the spring in the magazine down so the bullets will just drop in as they do for the rugers ans most others but not all with a thumb button.
  8. Electroscope

Electroscope New Member

Thanks for the great post and idea for the Jukermatic Speed Loader! I made one tonight and tried it out. One change I made was to use a straightened bobby pin instead of a nail. It greatly reduces the chance of the first cartridge catching on it and even if it does, a little jiggling is all that's needed to make the cartridge lay down. If I could get my hands on some very thin spring steel it would be even better. Give it a try!
  9. Juker

Juker New Member

Great upgrade!

Another change I made was to run a half-round rasp across the top, creating a finger notch.

I decided to leave the idea and photos posted here for all to see. These aren't terribly hard to make once the template was finalized, and although I'd like to sell a million of 'em, I really can't see that many shooters thinking they couldn't make this themselves, and it's a difficult thing to advertise without showing how it works.

Sure, someone might lift the idea, dress it up, and crank 'em out in China - but if any of you out there want one, send me a PM.
  10. jimmythegeek

jimmythegeek New Member

Awesome idea! I was looking around for some material to make this, and found a pocket comb works great for the magazine I have. I may try to fashion something a little more badass, but until then this is my tactical comb.
  11. Juker

Juker New Member

Excellent idea, and it's always good to look your best in a gunfight. :D
  12. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

A friend brings along his Marlin 795 alot when we shoot.I like how it feeds the first round by depressing the lever with your right thumb.The magazines are strong and built to last as well.Accurate little 22 rifle with just iron sites.

Shooting is fun but reloading the magazines is a bummer.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  13. Juker

Juker New Member

They're terrific little rifles, alright, good for a day hike and/or survival. Not much heavier than a good pellet gun.
  14. busykngt

busykngt Member

I just ran across this thread and it couldn't have come at a better time. I've got a 795 on it's way to me (& yes, with this year's rebate, it cost me $101 - shipping has gone up;))

I did however, order some extra clips and they already came in. So last night I was loading up the extra magazines and it didn't take me long to start thinking there's got to be a better way. And now I've found it, thanks Junker for the idea. I'll definately be slapping me something together to accomplish this.
  15. Juker

Juker New Member

Glad to hear it, thanks! The more I shoot my 795, the more I love it. :D