Marlin 795 mag loader

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Juker, Feb 20, 2011.

1. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Hey Juker, I was just wondering, it doesn't want to bind at all with the bottom only pushing down in the front?
    And then just wondering if maybe a flat surface on the bottom could be better with a rat tail file notch to make the pin groove?
    Just thinkin out loud here.

BTW, I've been thinking I need to make one of these for my 7rd mags ever since you first posted it but I may never get around to it, so I'd probably be one of your first customers.
    Though it may be simple, especialy for 'do it yourselfers' like us, the market for something like this is often determined by cost vs. hastle!

I want one but don't find the time!:eek:
    Again, just thinking out loud, and thumbs up!
  2. busykngt

busykngt Member

Easiest "wood working" project I ever did - took all of 15 or 20 minutes. All ideas gleaned from these Forums (especially Juker for kicking it off). Couple of comments: Photo #1 - thanks to wife for 'donating' a flat Bobbi Pin (complete with fake diamond); Photo #3 - under Spring compression - it will shoot out if your grip slips; Photo #6 - loading rounds without a little back pressure from the magazine spring does take a little getting used to. Here's the technique that seems to work best (at least for me). I hold the clip so that it's mostly on it's side and the front of the magazine is a little bit higher. Then I drop in the rounds and they kinda roll (on their sides) down the length of the magazine. With a little practice, you won't get {many} rounds standing upright.

Thanks again to Juker for saving the tips of my fingers and thumb!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Juker

Juker New Member

Not sure what you mean about binding, fuze; it's only a couple of inches of depression - are you asking if the follower binds? I haven't encountered that problem, just give it a swift push and stick the nail/pin in the hole, only takes a couple of seconds ~
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

Excellent work, busykngt ~ :)
  5. busykngt

busykngt Member

Yeah, it was quick enough to make. Took me more time to find a scrap piece of wood that was the proper thickness than it did to make the thing. Anyway, now I can load those magazines up without killing my fingers. Getting that last (10th) round in, is still a pain. But like someone else said, maybe calling it good at nine rounds is 'good e'nuff'.
  6. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I was actually just remembering back one time I pressed one in with a screwdriver just feel spring strength and the screwdriver was just a little off center and it caused the plastic piece to lean and bind up, it was just a thought.
  7. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

While my computer was down this week from a power out/surge I found this leftover piece of plexiglass used for a pc case window in a box of computer parts. Right away I thought of you know what, so I finaly did it. I use the 7 round mags for my old model 70 but I made it long enough to work on 10 round mags too, incase I ever pick up a 795.
  8. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Thanks juker for sharing this!
    PS: I drilled a small hole under the peep hole in the mags so they could be filled all the way.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      129.3 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      152.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      132.6 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      78.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  9. Juker

Juker New Member

Drill an extra hole in the mag - BRILLIANT, fuzebox!! :D
  10. busykngt

busykngt Member

I'd have to say that's the main reason it's important to make it out of something that's the proper thickness. The little piece of wood I used is just thin enough to clear the top entrance slot and yet wide enough to keep what you describe from happening.

Just ordered five more magazines today... those things ain't easy to find at a decent price. With shipping, paid $13.73 each; that's up from $11.81 (incl shipping) that I paid last time for four of 'em.

After kind of getting burned on a .380 Sterling (when they went out of business) and not being able to find any more magazines - I've got one that works but I'd like to find a few more - like someone once said, if you don't have magazines that function properly in your autoloader, then all you've got is a single shot firearm. Ever since then, I've made sure I order a few extras since I tend to keep my guns forever (I want to make darn sure, I can continue to shoot them well into the future).
  11. ChuckB

ChuckB New Member

Hi all, new member.

Made mine from a spare slat from a venetian blind. Works great! I just load nine and be happy. Zeroed in my new Barska 4x32 today, zowie!

Attached Files:

12. ChuckB

ChuckB New Member

Sorry for the lousy photo, still learning!
  13. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Hey Juker!!

Didja ever figure out a speed-loader for the 25-rd mags?? :D
  14. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Awsome I am going to make a jukermatic when I get home for my sons gun,thank for the tip,Where do I send the check?
  15. ryan42

ryan42 New Member