Marlin 795 mag loader

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Juker, Feb 20, 2011.

1. ChuckB

ChuckB New Member

Hi all, new member.

Made mine from a spare slat from a venetian blind. Works great! I just load nine and be happy. Zeroed in my new Barska 4x32 today, zowie!

Attached Files:

2. ChuckB

ChuckB New Member

Sorry for the lousy photo, still learning!
  3. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Hey Juker!!

Didja ever figure out a speed-loader for the 25-rd mags?? :D
  4. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Awsome I am going to make a jukermatic when I get home for my sons gun,thank for the tip,Where do I send the check?
  5. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

6. CharlesV

CharlesV New Member

Yeah that 10th round is a $*%^* to install and all these methods get you only nine.

I made my set using your choice of either two, three or four flat wooden chopsticks, the free ones that come in paper envelopes. The dimensions are ideal for this purpose and with a tight rubber band you can offset them to get that notch. No cutting, drilling, nothing. But of course you cant get the 10th round in but at least you can go back to eating after loading mags.

I also have a huge idle sheet of 1/16th plywood and was able to easily cut out the right size. I also tried slightly planing a wooden ruler and that works too. A paint-stirring stick is similar.

But doing this only made me dislike the gun. Does anyone at Remington actually own a 795? Why should anyone forage for chopsticks or paint sticks to make their gun work? It makes no sense. Maybe at the next train stop i sell the 795 and keep the 60.
  7. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

My friend bought a 795 last week actually, his first gun. I tried talking him into a 10/22, but he didn't like the price tag of $240, when the 795 was next to it for $160. We're taking it out saturday.
  8. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

He will love it just as much as he would have loved the 10/22. Can't go wrong with either. Let us know how it goes.
  9. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

He'll love the 795 more when it easily outshoots stock 1022's and many modded ones ;)
  10. rdfact

rdfact New Member

Here's mine. This is the handle from a bathroom sink drain stopper/plunger (not sure what you call it). Trimmed with a hacksaw to about 3.5 inches. The built in thumb depressor works great.

Attached Files: