marlin golden 39a mountie

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by copperdozer1, Nov 16, 2010.

1. dcopper

dcopper New Member

I have a Marlin golden 39a mountie, SN T105xx. Need to know when it was made. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks dcopper!
  2. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Have a look at the date codes above again.

I didn't post the correct codes. I couldn't find mine on my computer at the time and copied and pasted from another forum. Turns out it had a few mistakes that I didn't notice until you asked about the T prefix.

It's correct now but not a complete list, but I did provided a link to a complete list above.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  3. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Folks, while we are discussing Marlin 39's, can anyone tell me how to do a trigger job on a 39m? It is a 1974 or 75 and has a trigger that must be 10lbs. Any help will be appreciated.:)
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  4. SantaBear

SantaBear New Member

I have owned a Marlin Golden 39A Mountie for a long time but cannot remember when I bought it. The Serial # is A028973. I really need two things. I would really like to know the year it was made and I am in desperate need of another stock for it. It is the tpye of stock without the pistol grip. Can anyone help?
  5. gdsmith56

gdsmith56 New Member

I realize that this posting is 2-1/2 yrs old but I just had to respond ...

WOW - talk about a small world. With over 2M of these rifles sold, your W778 and my W777 are virtually twins! :eek:

Mine has been in my family since the late 60's. I remember shooting it as a teen in the very early 70's but I don't know how long before that Daddy had it. He always kept his guns cleaned and 'blued' but I don't know when the last work (by him) was done. I had it professionally cleaned last August and the gunsmith said it was in great shape. IMO, the only mod to it would be the 3-7x20 WesternField scope.

Attached Files: