marlin golden 39a mountie

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by copperdozer1, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Gizzy

Gizzy New Member

That would have been a broken firing pin probably. How long ago did you do this? I know one guy who bought a new 39AS, and has had problems with it. I tried to get him to send it to me, but he sent it to Marlin, they said they fixed it, he got it back, same issue. He sent it back three times, and never got it fixed. They are now refunding his money under the Lemon Law. The guns are now being worked on by Remingtons gunsmiths, which are not totally proficient with the workings of the marlin lever guns.
  2. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

It was about five years ago
  3. Gizzy

Gizzy New Member

Yep, things at Marlin have changed since Remington took over.
  4. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Not neccesarily a Gunsmith...but any FFL holder ;)

If you have a C&R FFL type 03, you ARE an FFL and can receive specialized gun parts.

Best $30 you will ever spend ;)
  5. copperdozer1

copperdozer1 New Member

hey folks thanks for all the help and advise on my little mountie.Repaired notch in hammer.Took gun out for test drive shoots great.Installed new scope on her simmons 4x 32.Just gotta shoot her some more and give her a name.Also have model 60 marlin which i have agood time shooting.Will keep in touch about my little shooters
  6. dcopper

dcopper New Member

I have a Marlin golden 39a mountie, SN T105xx. Need to know when it was made. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks dcopper!
  7. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Have a look at the date codes above again.

I didn't post the correct codes. I couldn't find mine on my computer at the time and copied and pasted from another forum. Turns out it had a few mistakes that I didn't notice until you asked about the T prefix.

It's correct now but not a complete list, but I did provided a link to a complete list above.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  8. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Folks, while we are discussing Marlin 39's, can anyone tell me how to do a trigger job on a 39m? It is a 1974 or 75 and has a trigger that must be 10lbs. Any help will be appreciated.:)
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  9. SantaBear

SantaBear New Member

I have owned a Marlin Golden 39A Mountie for a long time but cannot remember when I bought it. The Serial # is A028973. I really need two things. I would really like to know the year it was made and I am in desperate need of another stock for it. It is the tpye of stock without the pistol grip. Can anyone help?
  10. gdsmith56

gdsmith56 New Member

I realize that this posting is 2-1/2 yrs old but I just had to respond ...

WOW - talk about a small world. With over 2M of these rifles sold, your W778 and my W777 are virtually twins! :eek:

Mine has been in my family since the late 60's. I remember shooting it as a teen in the very early 70's but I don't know how long before that Daddy had it. He always kept his guns cleaned and 'blued' but I don't know when the last work (by him) was done. I had it professionally cleaned last August and the gunsmith said it was in great shape. IMO, the only mod to it would be the 3-7x20 WesternField scope.

Attached Files: