marlin help please

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tireman, Oct 29, 2006.

1. tireman

tireman Member

Dec 4, 2001
    northeast arkansas
    ive got a model 39a 22cal lever action---only number s on it arae L 2478x---anybody know the dates on this piece? trying to make a deal with a fellow tffer and want to tell him evereything i can thanks guys sm

2. I would really like to see some pics if you get some free time

3. Rocky198

Rocky198 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    I'm looking for some help with a Marlen Model 1893 32-40 that my father left to me. I used it to hunt a couple of times and now i'm looking to sell it and get something newer. My problem is that i don't know where to go to get a good appraisal out of it. Any ideas on this. thanks for any help.

4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

May 10, 2004
    Value will range from $600 to $1000 depending on condition.
    Some pics and full discription here would help

5. Rocky198

Rocky198 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    The 32-40 is marked with the Model of 1893 and also has a number under the bottom of the gun just in front of the lever. It reads 130900; I take it that this is the serial number of the gun. There is also writing along the top of the gun which you can see in the one picture that I inserted text. It has a round barrel which is a bit odd considering all of the other 32-40's that I have seen online seem to have Octagon barrels. The stock and the wood in front of the lever are sturdy with some nicks but no cracks. It has a round shoulder brace. There are carved initials in the stock, looks like a backwards E with a DR. There is a sling on it but made of a strap of leather. Don't know what else to tell you about it. Like I said before I have hunted with it so it still shoots. Any feedback about this is appreciated. Thanks

Attached Files:

6. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Your going to be very hard pressed to get close to $600 the way that looks.
    $300.00 "maybe". Might turn on a cowboy action shooter---but collector, very doubtful.

That is a very rough rifle(32-40)-very rough.

LTS

7. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

Thanks Tireman. Hope you look up that airfield. No matter what else happens.

8. Goody

Goody Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Rocky, should you decide to sell it please let me know. I am one of those dreaded Cowboy shooters that he's talking about. I always jump at a chance to add to my list if guns owned and shot. This one would go nicely with the Model 1894 in 44wcf, mfgd in1895, that I have. You may contact me at
    kirby@goodygoody.com

Thanks