1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Marlin mod. 60

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by george howard, Aug 23, 2009.

1. george howard

george howard New Member

I replaced the chewed up feed ramp with the recommended conversion kit. I am still having trouble,it will not eject the spent round while another round comes in. I end up with 2 visible rounds and the bolt stuck back. I do have one end of the spring in the small slot on top the feed ramp and the other end on the bottom of the lifter. Should the lifter be centered inside the feed ramp? What kicks the spent rounds out?
  2. Number 5

Number 5 New Member

I will assume that you used the three piece conversion kit part #707285. Make sure the gun has been throughly cleaned. Lube all rotating parts with a good gun oil and all sliding parts with a good gun grease. I like P&W's STOS for grease. That should ensure that you have enough bolt speed and travel. Now that you have this done the end of the lifter spring is the ejector. The end needs to be slightly elevated and to the left(towards the boreline). This is trial and error and is easier with experience. Good Luck.