1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

marlin mod 60

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by rik, Jun 21, 2003.

1. rik

rik New Member

hi again
    I got a marlin mod 60 for my 16th birthday ( I think), and after about 10 years am having lots of jamming problems. I actualy have always had probblems with it jamming. Recently I read the owners manual, and it said that the action should be cleaned after every 250 shots. Now normaly when I go to the pit to shoot I'll go through a whole brick, and after several thousand shots...

I guess I'll just come out with it. I didn't know that the action needed to be cleaned, and have only just cleened it, for from what I remember, for the first time.

I know not the brightest star in the sky, but ...

Now I need to know what to clean it with? there is ten years and thousands of rounds through it, and I can't get it clean.

any thoughts would help

thanks

rik
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hi Rik,
    Been a while since I had a model 60, but they are fun. I used to clean mine with brake cleaner and spray the living ends out of it. Just remember to oil it well afterwards because all lubrication will be gone! You might also want to look at the plastic bolt carrier. I had to replace mine twice. Simple job for a gunsmith. Happy shooting.
  3. Elarski

Elarski New Member

Inplantox hit the nail on the head. I used that aerosol cleaner GunScrubber liberally after removing the barrelled action out of the stock, this keeps the cleaner, and crud off of your stock as well.