1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Marlin model 1894

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Logansdad, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad New Member

I like the stainless .44 Magnum...I have vague plans of saving up the money for one in the not too distant future.
    Anyone have any experience with these ?
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Mine is the blue 1894S, which I bought about 3 months before the factory started producing the stainless model. It has been flawless and is a honey of a rifle. No complaints at all.

I wish I had waited, though, as I would have preferred the 1894MR model with the pistol grip stock and the barrel 2 "longer that the standard model. I'm prejudiced, though, as I have always loved the Marlin lever action products. I own two 39s, once 336 in .30-30 and the 1894S. Being very left handed, I grew up using lever action Marlins for all my shooting and hunting.

I have a close friend in Alabama with one of the newer stainless Marlin 94s who loves it, once it was properly and painstakenly broken in. I have shot it and it is flawless, too.