Marlin model 39 need pic of a part

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by fordtrucksforever, Nov 26, 2011.

1. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever Member

I need a closeup pic of small button that retains the outer tube on magazine at end of barrel. Would like to get this rifle finished, and this is the only part I dont have. I could knock one out real quick if knew what it supposed to look like. It is different than how the newer 39A and older 1897 and 92 models function. If someone can help I would be eternally grateful. Thanks
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

this bit ?

The actual 39 model was made from 1922 to 1938.
    Be aware that the early versions of this ARE NOT safe to use with modern .22LR ammo.
    If the serial number has an "HS" (High Speed) prefix it was made for modern ammo and you can shoot it.

Guns with no serial prefix at all or an "S" prefix were noted for their high quality and are worth more, but shouldn't be fired.

You can get an online current manual on the Marlin web site:

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/CustomerSupport/manuals.asp

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  3. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever Member

Mine is an early model with just the S and also a * on top tang. I dont shoot high speed ammo. The full length magazine just has a knurl on end with push button that gets depressed to pull up tube and lock open. Unfortunately I have never had this little button, so dont know what it looks like. The 39A is like all of the modern tubes with a twist lock. So the current manuals dont have what I need. Just hoping someone might have a bigger basket case than mine, and a chance to see what the piece and spring looks like. Then I can machine one and get everything back together. I will remain optimistic for now.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

this is off a engraved one ( non standard finish) the standard ones are plain blued