marlin model 60 .22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by D.Mathews, Sep 25, 2011.

1. D.Mathews

D.Mathews New Member

I bought a marlin model 60 for $100 its a good gun it has a nice bushnell scope, but its missing the magazine tube anyone know of where i could either buy one or if anyone has any ideas on making one
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

try cheaper than dirt or numrich they might have them, welcome to the forum
  3. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

4. D.Mathews

D.Mathews New Member

Okay thanks
  5. D.Mathews

D.Mathews New Member

for the tips and the tube goes all the way
  6. busykngt

busykngt New Member

Numrich and Brownells are continuously "out of stock" on them - especially the older model which apparently you have. And since they're not made anymore, they can be very difficult to find. It's like owning an automatic pistol model that hasn't been made for several years - or the manufacturer has changed the design of. If you didn't get some "extra" magazines at the time of handgun purchase, you could be screwed in the future; you wind up with a single shot gun!
    I can't for the life of me understand how a gun like that winds up missing the one critical part that makes the thing work - but every gun has it's own story. You will have to keep checking Numrich and Brownells and get an order in immediately (call them) if they *ever* show any in stock. Otherwise, search the Internet for smaller independent gunsmiths or parts places (even if they don't show that item in stock) - write an email and send it to every one. You're going to have to rely on some degree of luck to find one. Soo GOOD LUCK - I sincerely hope you meet with success; it would be great to see a gun like that, back in service!
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  7. D.Mathews

D.Mathews New Member

they guy i bought it off of had been drinking and lost the tube, but thanks for the advice :)
  8. Juker

Juker New Member

There are currently 4 up for auction on eBay. Search "Marlin 60 tube" and you'll see them.

Seems you're not alone - serious bidding and they're all around $30 right now.

(Glenfield 60 owner)

Attached Files:

9. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

Sneaky older guys have been known to store their magazines separately from their gun collection...
    keeps folks from being able to easily resell them...as it is a bit of a pain to get a new mag tube...or mags, for a variety of guns.

For example, I've got three safes...in one, the mags & ammo...in the other two, guns...
    and I alarmed & booby-trapped all three safes...the alarm goes straight to me...the cops would just be peeved about the bodies.
    The alligators I grow on the farm, on the other hand, will be quite happy :)

Much to be said for raising alligators...the signs alone usually keep unwanted visitors away,
    and totally stop door-to-door salesmen :D
  10. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

And make sure you measured your tube properly...and exactly.
    Getting the wrong tube will make you cry.
  11. D.Mathews

D.Mathews New Member

well thanks guys for the help hopefully i can come across one in a reasonable price range
  12. busykngt

busykngt New Member

Big Shrek makes a good point; make sure you buy the right one! The gun has had a couple of different versions of barrel length verses tube length. You didn't say how old the model is; I kind of jumped the gun in guessing you've got an old(er) model. For instance if you have the 22" barrel and the tube goes almost the full length - then those can be hard to find. (Keep digging....you'll find one somewhere that somebody hasn't crushed the brass tube on or managed "to loose").
  13. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Call Marlin for the part!:)
  14. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

If the 60 holds more than 15 rounds, they won't have it.
    The move made 'em dump all Old-style parts before they packed up for NY & KY.

If its a standard 15-rd tube, a new one will work.

ALSO, check your local gun shops...because ANY tube the Right Length will fit!!

All you have to do is change the top so it holds in your tube well.
  15. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    HI BIG SHREK in the last few days I have been looking @ ALOT of your older threads & I gotta say I'M IMPRESSED with your Knowalge!
    Seen threads on other forums also Amazed @ times

I picked up a Marlin model 60 a few months ago for a trade of 3 fishing reels ( I KNOW I'm AHEAD):D I LOVE this little gun had one as a kid.
    This gun came to me in the Origanal Box, It came with the Scope 4 Power I think. But on the box it says 19 shot.
    I loaded 18 CCI's & the tube holds everyone of them
    I was kinda stunned (Then I asked BEFORE I had read most of your stuff)
    the Age of it & got a Quick responce that it was a 1982 model
    Serial # is 18503285 he said take away 2000 I think ---I'll have 2 look again now but DAYUM if its that old its in SWEEET SHAPE
    WHY would they Dump the older stuff seems Dumb to me but (Who am I)
    I see your Also in Fla if I'm ever up that way I would love 2 look you up & meet you! & Pick your brain on what other cool stuff I could do 2 mine after seeing some of your stuff.
    I Salute you Sir!
    Mac
  16. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

Thanks! *big blush*

I got hooked on Marlins a few years back and started learning everything I could about 'em...
    its just fun to DIG into the treasure troves of knowledge on the internet...never know what you'll learn!!
    Plus, its led me to lots of old gun books from online auctions...more treasures of Info :D
    I kinda live on RFC & Gun & Game...lol...no other forums come close for specific info on Marlins...I share the wealth where I can :)

Enjoy!!
  17. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    Hey BIG
    Today I tore down my Mod60 Looking at pictures YOU posted & as you said
    It was a piece of cake LOL Getting the main block with the rear spring was "Tricky" But I figured it out;) Theres probally an easyer way than the way I did it (Set the Block held spring on pin with fingernail then easyed into place with a tiny push) but what ever works right?

BUT YOUR info & Pictures made it a breeze TYVM!!!:D