Marlin Model 60

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by mr.t7024, Mar 22, 2010.

1. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

I just picked up another Model 60, Glenfield. This one is pre 1968,no serial number. This one is marked,Western Auto and Supply Co.Revelation Model 120 .22 long rifle.
    I am now looking for a Glenfield Model 65. This was made for the Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company, it's outside magazine tube is brass. The more I work on them, the more I appreciate what a nice firearm they are for the price. Yes,they are all excellent shooters, and parts are readily available.:D
  2. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

Congrats, I am a marlin model 60 fan to , i love the one i found at a pawn shop, that was made in 1974 with the squirrel on the stock. But i think i am addicted to .22 rifles now, just like a lays potato chip can have just one .
  3. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth...I bought a Marlin 25MN a few years ago...and it impressed the heck out of me with it's precision...next thing I know, I've got a safe full of 'em :)
  4. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i tend to collect the little carbine models that look like m1 carbines.i refinish them completly and usually give them to kids in my family.the receivers are aluminum and can be refinished (painted black)and baked in a oven to look like new. old semperfi
  5. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Old Semperfi,what type paint have you found that works well?And about what temp is needed to do the job?I bought a black touch up pen for guns from midway to touch up some of my marlins but i wasn't happy with the results.i'd like to find a satisfactory solution that would come out better if youd feel ok to pass along your secret.I too am partial to the ones that look like the M1.I had one as a kid but sold it and haven't come across another yet. THANKS Joe
  6. wpage

wpage Active Member

They are great guns but after a certain # of round the action will fail to extract after the 2nd or 3rd round...