Marlin model 80 sights

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by woodchuck, Jul 17, 2009.

1. woodchuck

woodchuck New Member

I recently purchased a Marlin model 80, 22 ( no letters after the model 80 ) at a very small gun show.

The dealer told me as close as he can guess is that it was made in 1959 no serial number. He refinished the barrel and stock and it is a beautiful rifle.

Being a little older my eye sight is not as good as it was , my question is there any kind of scope that could be added to it if there are no groves or holes for mounting a scope.

The rear sight on it is mounted with only one hole in the barrel and the sight itself is so small I can't use it very well. There is a couple of holes on the left side where I was told a peep sight could be mounted if I could find one.

I called a gunsmith but he wanted more than I paid for the gun to put a scope mount on it.