marlin model 80

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by 22cracker, Sep 5, 2008.

1. 22cracker

22cracker New Member

does anyone know where i can get a marlin model 80 aperture sight? i have the mount and sight disc just need the rest.:eek:
  2. Steely

Steely New Member

3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

4. 22cracker

22cracker New Member

you know i have'nt tried marlin or is it remington now? i figured it would be my last ditch effort. there is a gun show this weekend wilmington,ohio i'll be checking it out. thanks:)
  5. canonguy

canonguy New Member

Cracker....I have a Marlin model 81DL and it has a Peep sight that was missing the sight disk. It seems that the threads on the disk are "thinner" than most brands out there, so replacements don't easily fit. There mey be 2 sizes out there, but the large size is prabably far more popular. I was in a big hurry to try out my new peep sight and the rifle wasn't very valuable - so here is what I foolishly did. I took my Dremmel tool and "slit" the peep sight threads open and moved them apart until a regular Lyman sight disk threaded into it. Since I didn't think it would hold securely, I then permanently held the tiny sight disk with Epoxy Glue. WOW - don't hire me as your gunsmith!!! It seems to work OK though.
  6. 22cracker

22cracker New Member

i know what you mean, sometimes we are left with desperate measures. it's good to hear that it works.;)
  7. Steve1002

Steve1002 New Member

Cracker,

Do a search in ebay for "vintage sights". Sometimes there will be "lots" with several misc sights up for bid. I just "won" three sights, and got 'em cheap. But, I may need only two of them. I'll be glad to turn you on to whatever I don't use.

Steve
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  8. rangerruck

rangerruck New Member

also check auction arms, ebay, and the dudes over on Rimfirecentral.com
  9. 22cracker

22cracker New Member

thanks steve 1002, and others. i'll try e-bay. about what are you asking for a marlin m 80 sight.......thanks
  10. Guardian74

Guardian74 New Member

I am looking for a compleate bolt assembly for a marlin model 81dl I lost the orginal one and I am hoping someone might have an Idea of how to get a replacement I checked with Numrich, brownells, and midway usa.
  11. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

FFL only for most parts places. Gunsmith can order them as well...
    Although an FFL 03 has been used on occasion...best $35 you'll ever spend :D
  12. Andyman

Andyman New Member

I have a marlin model 80 there are no leters after 80. there is a screw that hold the rear sights onto the rifle and it keeps coming loose even with locktite on the threads. I lost the elevator for the rear sights and was wondering what would be a good setup to replace them. also it is drilled and tapped for the peep sights but i am missing the part that holds the aperture