Marlin model XT22YSR

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by GregD, Feb 27, 2012.

1. GregD

GregD New Member

I purchased a Marlin XT22YSR for my smaller grandchildren, received it today. http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/xt/XTY.asp

It states the rifle comes with a 7 round magazine-single shot adapter. The manual advises in order to shoot the rifle in the single shot mode place the bullet on the ramp of the 7 shot magazine while in the rifle. When placing a round on top of this ramp if rolls off the side. Do they make a special 7 shot magazine where the ramp on the magazines sets lower to prevent the round from rolling off ?
    It's easier to put the round in the chamber without the magazine or remove the magazine and only load it with one round.

I know I'm getting old, but am I missing something here with their so called "Single Shot Adapter" LOL .

I have single shot adapters for my savage and cz rimfire rifles, but I find this misleading .

Other than this minor problem I'm really satisfied with the quality and performance of the little rifle .
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Sounds like something is missing...
  3. GregD

GregD New Member

It works OK when using the "single shot mode", with the magazine in, but you have to start the round in the chamber first, by hand.
    It came with the seven round mag. but I would like to start the smaller grandchildren, 4yrs thru 7yrs (girls), shooting single shot.

I have a dozen 10 round mags for a Marlin 795, which also fits the youth model.

Greg :)