Marlin Shotgun

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by 1LoneWolf75, Apr 29, 2012.

1. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 New Member

I have a Marlin model 19-S. Does anyone have any information on this shotgun? We have shot it and it shots great I would just like to know more about it.
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

No records or serial DOM on them. They were only made for 2 or 3 years, 1906-07 or 08. It was the Model 19, later made guns had the "S" added for some internal improvement Marlin made. They came in letter grades, A B C etc., I've seen a C grade that was engraved, and I can't tell you if that was an option, or something that was added later. Value on the auctions range from $200 to $2000.
    I wouldn't be comfortable shooting anything heavier than a light Trap load in it.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  3. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 New Member

Thank you for replying to this. Yeah I learned Marlin does not recommend shooting this gun AFTER we shot about 3 boxes of 6 shot through it. This is the only one I have ever seen and I like the weight of it. It is a good tight gun and I still take it out and shoot it--though not as much as I would like. I'm thinkin 'bout reloading some ammo for it in buckshot but I don't have any idea on how much powder or shot to use.
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 New Member

LoneWolf, There are a couple of companies loading BP shotshells now. And the new tech in low recoil/low pressure rounds in smokeless is making rapid progress. Do a Google search on both, and you'll find where to buy them.
    If you still want to try and reload for it, I have a box or two of once fired, recent manufactured, 2.75" paper hulls you can have for the shipping cost.
  5. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 New Member

I am interested in the paper shells. My dad is worried that we might shoot it to much, so he's giving me a 870 if I'll hang the Marlin above the fireplace. Would look very good with the paper shells under it. Just let me know where to pay you(paypal check to your house) and I'll get you the money.
    Thank you
  6. bobski

bobski Former Guest

those marlins had some real issues with safety. hang it up over the mantel and take dads offer.
  7. 1LoneWolf75

1LoneWolf75 New Member

That was my plan but it'd sure look great with a few "old time" paper shells up there with it.