Marlin Standard 38 #7777

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by quailman.com, Jun 24, 2012.

1. quailman.com

quailman.com New Member

Hey my new friends many thanks for a forum where I can discuss firearms and your help is greatly appreciated. I have this old, in not to good shape, Marlin Standard 38. I found some auctions for a couple that were in much better condition going for around $750.00 but this one has something unique. Unique that is if it is original? The serial number #7777 seems unique to me but that is why I am here, I really have no clue if that adds to the value of this gun or not?

The guns action works well, one grip is broken, overall condition is poor I'd say? I'd be grateful for your opinion of appx value, not a complete appraisal. Here are some pix and many thanks for your help. I'm going to put up thread for a PepperBox pistol as well. Jeff

Attached Files:

2. quailman.com

quailman.com New Member

May I bump this one time and ask if you fellows think a value of around $350.00 is a fair price for this? I thought the serial number alone would get me some replies, guess not, no harm. may i ask, I'm assuming since it hasn't it isn't anything special?
    I was area chairman for DU in Norther Cal for ten years back in the 70s and new remmingtons etc with low serials demanded more money. Thanks, Jeff
  3. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Not a lot of Marlin handgun collectors, and I doubt the serial number adds anything but conversation value.

Flayderman lists $250 value in Very Good condition and the broken grip would subtract some.
  4. quailman.com

quailman.com New Member

hrf many thanks, Jeff