Martha Stewart I AIN'T...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Oct 31, 2007.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

My wife tells me I'm in charge of Trick or Treat this year, at least to start, since it starts at 5:00 and she works till 5:30, all the candy is on the cupboard, so I say, "No Problem!";)

So this afternoon I decide to carve one of the pumpkins we bought on the way home from our anniversary trip, been a while since I carved one, at least since the kids were home, I used to be pretty good at it...;)

Came out fine, goofy face, ought to look good with a candle in it, then I see the "pumpkin guts" on the newspaper on the table, and remember how my Mom used to roast the seeds, and I think "Hey, 'Heart Healthy Snack!'" (I'm starting to HATE those words...:cool:)

So I clean up all the goop from the seeds, takes me like an HOUR, it's messy and STRINGY, and my hands are gooier than when I gut a DEER, :eek:but I get the cookie sheet filled with seeds, then I crank up the oven to 400 and stick it in feeling all good about myself, :p and go and check my email....

....until like 20 minutes or so later I start to smell something like burnt punkin':eek:..

Anybody know what I can do with a cookie sheet of BLACK pumpkin seeds?:mad::confused: I'm surprised the SMOKE detector didn't trip, from all the smoke in the kitchen....

Maybe I can give them out to to the neighborhood kids I don't like....:p
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

A cookie sheet with burnt pumpkin seeds on it makes a great target.

But, don't let your wife find out. :D
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

sit the sheet on the porach and put a sign on it that says
    "Please only take two Blackened seed are very hard to prepare"

:D:D
  4. I think Shooter has the right idea! When the wife asks what happened to it, blame it on the Trick-Or-Treaters! :D
  5. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

When Life hands you a Lemon..Take it to the Range!
  6. Polish, perhaps you haven't considered the possibility that the brief amnesia you experienced might be symptomatic of a far more serious condition. My own hypothesis is that too frequent exposure to Mosin Nagants has caused your synapitic funtions to misfire. Unconsciously, you see, a deep rooted, though consciously repressed, psychological desire for Mauser rifles is in conflict with the Mosin Nagantness falsely present in your conscious mind. The only known cure for such a condition is, of course, to give in to the unconscious desire for ownership of a fine piece of Germanic designed military equipment. The unconscious mind will therefore be freed of the unfair burden imposed by the conscious mind and you will thus be cured. :D;):p
  7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Shame on you Pistol trying to give the man another heart attack. :eek: :D:D
  8. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Don't worry 'hawk, PS is actually trying to help...

In fact I just saw an ad on TV that says laughter can add up to 8 years to your life...:p

"Mosin-Nagantness???"

Is that Latin? Does it translate to "Goes Bang Every Time Trigger Pulled" or 'Reliability, Accuracy, Robustness," I forget....:p;)

Hey PS, I thought your second major was PHILOSOPHY not PSYCHOLOGY....:p

If so Riddle me THIS...:p

IF a Mauser fell over in the woods, and there was nobody around to hear it...

.... does that mean the Soviet Sniper used a SILENCER?:eek::confused:
  9. Lilly

Lilly New Member

Now Martha would take those blackened and burnt smelling pumkin seeds, and make a lovely and aromatic centerpiece for your table at an Upcoming Thanksgiving party!
    Chop chop!! Start it now, so you have plenty of time to sit,chat, and play host for your housefull of Thanksgiving guests!
    Lilly;)