Massive Run On Guns

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Rhuga, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkyQc6cIyGw&feature=related

I was just watching this. It was posted on You Tube just a few days ago.

Alex Jones says. "in 2008 gun sales doubled, in 2011 they doubled again, and in 2012 we are at 60% of the 2011 sales number." And, he tells you why.

If Alex Jones is right we are not very far from the SHTF. I hope that proceedings as stated to impeach Obama are true. Check this out you won't be disappointed.

This coincides with SHOOTER 45's post "Obama Put On Notice." But, this article includes some issues with the UN.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  2. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

I just bought a gun because the season for last year's stock is deeply discounted to move. The local big-box stores seem to be gearing up to make new purchase orders, figuring out what sold and what didn't sell last year and getting rid of the old stock.

It appears there are more companies than ever producing guns and getting rewarded in a boom. Don't know if it's indicative of SHTF as much as supply and demand enducing the creating of more supply encouraging more demand...

After all, shooting is fun! And with more guys being irregularly employed, I think it's a natural sport for us to get into. In real dollars, guns today are more affordable than ever. For just a few hundred dollars, we can blow off steam by blowing off a few rounds as it were.

I mean, $320 OTD for a Savage 111 and x40 scope package? Simply Amazing... and hunting is also a hell of a good way to supplement the food bill by stocking the freezer with healthy meat.

Beats fishing any day... My two-cents.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    If you own a gun, you can always shoot fish! :D
  4. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

LET ME WARN YOU ABOUT SHOOTING FISH. Never shoot a mud puppy with a .357 while standing under a bridge.

The echo is terrible!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought my buddies eyes were going to pop out.

I couldn't hear for an hour.....
  5. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Last week our Cabelo's store ran a sale on some guns and other items. They had a Baretta that I wanted at a good price. I went in the day before and looked at it. The counter guy said If you want this gun you better get here early. The store opened at 9 am.

I was at the store at 9 am sharp the next day. They had just open the doors. The gun counter was 4 deep. It took me an hour to get a sales person. The sales guy said the had 6 in stock but only 3 left now. I bought the 3rd. That left only the display model and one in a box. It wasn't 1030 am yet.

I was at the store Saturday picking up ammo and they were out of all the good stuff.

There is a real run on guns in this area. .I don't think it has a lot to do with politics. I think people just enjoy shooting. It is the new fad here.
  6. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Here in Alaska, we have a local state computer list, like our own Alaskan Craigs List; I find the best deals on there. Have bought 6-7 sub moa guns right off that list; and way under gun shop prices. Check out your local comp lists.
  7. armoredman

armoredman New Member

No problems yet. Of course, I don't buy guns very often.
  8. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

Ruger has stopped accepting orders from retailers since THEY CANNOT MEET DEMAND! Ain't that a great position for a company to be in?!
  9. armoredman

armoredman New Member

CzechpointUSA, the importer of the vz-58 is now 8 weeks behind on vz-58 rifles. The owner states that he hasn't seen sales like this since 2008-2009, and directly attributes it to the election. Very glad I have mine already.
  10. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Marketing, the money wonder drug. Mix marketing with political b.s. and you get a run on guns and ammo.

While it's nice to see strong economic activity, and also good to see people enjoying the same hobby as my own, it would be better if it was not driven by crass fear mongering.
  11. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

That is the best thing about these shows like Sons of Guns, American Guns, Top Shop. There are on what I would call the main channels......not the sportsman only shows. I draws a lot of attention to shooting and the joys of shooting. It shows (for the most part) that most shooters are normal people that aren't crazy bible toting, racist, irresponsible gun owners.

BTW, I still think it is out of fear.........Obozo has people running for cover. Look at his newest comments, that he will have more flexibility after he gets re-elected. So the question is......what does he mean by flexibility (pushing the Liberal agenda?), and why/how is he so sure he will get re-elected (rigged election, voter fraud...again****REMEMBER the dumbocrats are the one so against voter ids?)?????????
  12. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

HEEEEERE we go again.
  13. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yup.
  14. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

Having way more tools and toys than I need and
    about as much as I want, I'm staying out of this
    market. I still visit gun shops, but have no plans
    to buy. Let those who aren't so lucky have at it.
  15. yellerdawg

yellerdawg Former Guest

Yes, I have seen the reports...

And yes...here we go again...

I can just muse past posts in my head now and think of them....:D

" Hey, you hear ammo's gonna go up or get scarcer ...? I was in Wally World
    yestidee ...they only had 176 boxes of .223 and 50 boxes of 9mm and
    30 boxes of .45....boyhowdee, I got all of it ! "

"I knew this stuff would get scarcer if he got elected "

:lmao2:
  16. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

I cant help myself!!!:D It is like potato chips, no one can eat just one!!
  17. Dan01

Dan01 Former Guest

I think I am not going to be buying any more firearms....I have more now that I never shoot........................I will continue to buy ammo and accessories for my favorites that I regularly shoot.
  18. armoredman

armoredman New Member

19. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yep.
  20. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

wow...Some one turned the light on