masterpiece arms MPA30T... are they good?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by focusmaniaczx3, Mar 16, 2011.

1. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

here is a link to the one im looking at on cheaper than dirt.
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/73498-1.html
    im looking for my next fun gun and in order for it to be fun ammo has to be affordable. this one is in 9mm luger so thats a check. it should hold a very high number of rounds. this one holds 35 rounds so thats a check. the gun should be on the affordable side and in my opinion that is a check as well. but most importantly are my last two "requirements". it has to be reliable! it must go bang every time i pull the trigger. if the factory mags are no good and there is no aftermarket available then i want nothing to do with it. if they are plagued with receiver issues that cause them to jam easily or if they just dont feed well i dont want anything to do with it. i want the ability to mow through 35 rounds in 5 seconds if i want without having to fuss with a jam every time. and my last requirement for this one specifically is the price. i dont know how much these things are worth. would cheaper than dirt be robbing me at the price they are asking? if the gun is reliable i would gladly pay that much for the gun.
  2. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

focus, I don't really know anything about them, but I believe their guns are made in Georgia, USA and have a lifetime guarantee. You don't get much nowadays for under $500 so they're probably worth checking out. And maybe someone else on here has owned one? Sorry I can't be of more help, but keep me posted I'd love to know more!
  3. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

i know thats right. usually if i see a gun priced under that $500 mark i start to get antsy about the reliability and safety of the gun. i may step out on a limb for this one but i really dont want to buy a gun that ends up being a POS. please fill me in if anyone comes across any information one way or another.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Just curious, what is the purpose of such a item, it's not a traget pistol, it's not a carry pistol. The only thing I can think of is just to take it to the range and try and aim it , then spray and pray. I would be much more concerned abut a marksman with a .22 revolver than some one hosing down the neigborhood. Don't know but I guess each to his own path. No offence, I just don't see the rational. JMHO :D
  5. runes

runes Member

Focusman
    I own one. It is very reliable, ugly as homade sin, and feels like holding a two by four. It has a ten inch barrel and the sights are awful but you can hit what you aim at.
    It uses plain old sten mags that are about as cheap as you can find.
    A friend bought one that would screw up on occasion, I found that it was shipped without a fireing pin spring. A ball point pen spring fixed that perfectly. Bump fire a full mag in about 3 seconds if that means anything. Don't expect a target pistol, they are just fun to plink with.
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

A L is right about them being made in Georgia, actually about 15 miles from my house. I have been offered a tour of the "factory" but have not accepted it, yet. The factory is actually a "tin" building about 100ft X 200ft, and you would never know it was an arms manufacturing facility by looking.

A fellow I used to go to church with works there and bought one from the factory. I think he told me that he paid more than that for his. All I know about them and all I can say about them is - he really liked his.
  7. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

Thats great. I found a few for under $320 after searching a little more.
  8. aryfrosty

aryfrosty New Member

Looks something like a MAC. I went to the website you showed and it say the gun is not in stock and cannot be backordered. Unfortunately another flash-in-the-pan that couldn't keep up. They might still turn up in shops or online from time to time though.
    As for the rationale behind having one of those...They're fun to shoot. They're handy. They look much better made than a Hi-Point. I can think of a beaucoup reasons why to have one. But the major reason is to have one because we can. Not everybody in the world has our ability as Americans to own silly stuff like this.