Mauregan shotgun!!!!! Need info!!!!!! Please

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Iamcanadian, May 18, 2012.

1. Iamcanadian

Iamcanadian New Member

I recently came upon an old shotgun I'm working on restoring it!!!!! It's a Mauregan I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere could someone Please help me out????? It's a .12 gauge single shot break barrel!!!!!! Any information. Would be appreciated!!!!! Thanks
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

also theres a serial on the bottom tang i think , i'm not a expert on these at all ( seen 1) ;)

and pic's will help the real experts when they come along
  4. hrf

hrf Active Member

Vorisek's "Shotgun Markings" lists the brand name Wauregan (not Mauregan) as used by both Crescent and Hopkins & Allen.
  5. Anchor Clanker

Anchor Clanker New Member

In my research on old single barrel, single shot "Trade Brand Name"shotguns, I came across one with the name MAUREGAN ARMS CO and the maker was Crescent Fire Arms Company of Norwich, CT (1892 to 1930). Who the gun was made for and sold by I was unable to find out. If you will look at the bottom tang just behind the trigger guard you will find the serial number. Give me that number and I can tell you what year the gun was made.
  6. hrf

hrf Active Member