Mauser 12 gauge ???

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

bondai
    (10/5/01 12:07:58 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Mauser 12 gauge ???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A friend of mine at work has what he describes as a German Mauser that has been modded to fire 12 gauge. I think I remember reading something about these but I can't remember where. Any guess on value??????

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/6/01 8:50:49 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Mauser 12 gauge ???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am like you Bondai - I remember hearing or reading something about them, but I don't remember where. The one thing I kinda remember was that it was not a very favorable review of the modification. Was this one of the Bannerman monstrosities? From what I understand, during the early half of last century (can't get used to saying that!) Bannerman made all sorts of monstrosities on their little island up there in New York - chopping up 30-40 Krags, converting Moisin Nagant M91s to 30-06 caliber, etc. - most of them very dangerous conversions. I wouldn't expect the value to be very high.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

AntiqueDr
    (10/6/01 8:55:05 am)
    I dont think it was Bannerman. I remember something from the sixties or early seventies (amazing that I can remember ANYTHING from that time period!) about Siamese Mausers converted to bolt action 2 or 3-shot shotguns. Seems like Sile was selling them...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

bondai
    (10/6/01 10:28:08 am)
    I'll see if I can get somemore info from my friend about the gun, markings and so on. I asked him if he had ever fired it. He gave me one of those, "Are you stupid" looks. Thanks guys

pitsitter
    (10/6/01 3:24:26 pm)
    I only remember seeing the German 98 converted to single shot 12 ga. but like the rest of you not really sure where or when but I think it was in the 50's that they were made and in the 70's when I was reading about them.