Mauser 765

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Gail of Maine, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Gail of Maine

Gail of Maine New Member

I have a mauser 765 engraved on 1 side with waffenfabrik mauser a:g.oberndorf a.n. mauser's patent & a s/n. I know its a german war issued firearm b/c it was my husband grandfathers. Beyond that...
    Any idea what its worth?
  2. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Hello Gail. We need some images of your pistol. There were several models made by Mauser in 7.65 (.32acp) and they have different values depending upon condition, type, special markings, etc. etc.
  3. Gail of Maine

Gail of Maine New Member

here are some pictures

Attached Files:

4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Good pictures for identification purposes. You have a Mauser model 1914 pistol in 7.65 caliber, which is the same as .32 ACP, a cartridge which you can buy in any gun store. Some of these were issued by the German government to various military personnel, but yours lacks military markings, so it is a commercial pistol which was purchased privately. It may have been owned by a civilian or it may have been purchased by a military officer, as many officers purchased their own pistols. This pistol has a value of about $325. It's not really collectible, but it makes a nice reliable housegun.
  5. Gail of Maine

Gail of Maine New Member

thanks, wish it was a collectible....