Mauser-Bauer

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by shadrap65, Apr 22, 2010.

1. shadrap65

shadrap65 New Member

Hey Guys, my grandfather recently gave me his collection of guns. I am looking for information/worth on a "Mauser- Bauer 620 Field" over under 12ga. Ive looked online and cant find anything about this gun. Any information would be appreciated.

Mauser Bauer, Warren Mich
    Made in Italy
    Mauser Mod. 620 Field
    Serial Num(I think, found under the wooden forearm) 54835
    Some scratches on the butt

Thanks
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Well, there is no such animal as the Mauser Bauer. Bauer was just one of the importers ( I believe 1960s/70s) of the Gamba Shotguns. Other than prostitution of the Mauser name, Mauser also had nothing to do with the shotgun. If you Google Mauser 620, or Renato Gamba Mauser 620 field, you should find all sorts of information.:)
  3. jondar

jondar New Member

Yes I believe Mauser - Bauer was an importer and since your gun was made in Italy......... However I have a Mauser - Bauer Model 3000 imported by Mauser - Bauer of the Michigan address which is a genuine Mauser, made in Oberndorf, Germany, and they helped me with a small problem I had with it some years ago. This, of course, is a rifle, and I'm not a shotgun afficionado so can't address whether they had anything to do with shotguns or not. I also have a Browning BDA .380 and although made in Italy by Beretta for Browning it is considered a Browning.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Perhaps I should have taken a little more time with my answer. Some times I type too fast. Some time in the 70's ( I believe that was the time frame ) for what ever reason, Mauser reached an agreement ( Mauser was going through some rough financial times ) with Gamba of Italy to produce a series of firearms under the Mauser Banner. A resurgence of the HSc, a revolver ( a S&W copy ) and of course a line of shotguns. These were made in Italy and Mauser had nothing to do with the manufacturing. They allowed the use of the prestigious Mauser name as a selling factor. Up until 1999 Mauser was still making rifles under their own name, In 1999 Mauser was acquired by Sig Arms and my under standing is Sigarms will integrate the Mauser rifles into their product line. Bauer, better know for their small .25 they produced, was one of several importers that tried to push the Italy made Mausers firarms. So your Mauser shotgun was made in Italy by Gamba, Imported by Bauer and so on, now if you're not confused, then you haven't been paying attention:)
  5. shadrap65

shadrap65 New Member

Thanks rjay, that was quite helpful. Much appreciated.I'm assuming the worth won't be as good as if were made in Germany?