Mauser Bolo Broomhandle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

rounder999
    (1/5/03 12:55:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Bolo Broomhandles
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a pair of Mauser Bolo broomhandles in 7.63 cal. that were professionally restored and relined by the Broom Closet. They were in fair to poor condition when I got them with barrels worn out. There is some slight pitting visible under the new bluing, mostly on the front of the gripframe.

#1 is an early post war model in the 455xxx sn range
    #2 is a late post war model in the 575xxx sn range

What are the values of these two pieces?

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/5/03 2:31:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Bolo Broomhandles
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It is rather tricky to place prices on pieces that have been restored. To the pureist collector, they would not want restored pieces. To the rest (about 95%!) of us, it would depend on how the restoration looks - i.e., if the legend and markings are still intact and crisp, etc.

A real pretty restored piece with nice legend and markings would go $500 to $700. If it was original unrestored, in very good or better condition, $750 to $1,200.

Welcome to the forums!