Mauser bolt stuck, sear off, need help...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by VikingBlast, Jun 5, 2011.

1. VikingBlast

VikingBlast New Member

Hi there,

This is another stuck mauser bolt thread, but I've got a slightly different issue.

I have a yugo M48A. I saw the post from offeror and the link to the helpful surplusrifle.com page, but I can't use that trick because somehow I got the sear off.

It had been a while since I took the bolt apart and I should have refreshed my memory on how to do it, but I didn't and I somehow got to this...

[​IMG]

Since the sear is now off and I can't get it back in because the lugs on the rear of the firing pin are turned 90 degrees, I can't use the re-cock it trick until I can get that firing pin rotated.

Here's a close up of the rear of the bolt.

[​IMG]

Any ideas?
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I managed to get the bolt looking like the picture. All I had to do to "fix" it was tip it up so the firing pin slides partway out, then push in on the bolt sleeve lock (the plunger at the top in the picture) and unscrew the bolt sleeve in the normal way.

Edited to add that you might have to pull the firing pin back with the fingers or pliers if there is dirt or grease inside the bolt, keeping the fring pin from moving freely.

Jim
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011