1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mauser Chileno Modelo 1895

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Marine7212, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Marine7212

Marine7212 New Member

I recently was left a Mauser Chileno Modelo 1895, by my father who passed away. I know nothing about this gun and was wondering about its history and worth.

It's in averge condition. No rust. The stock shows considerable wear, lots of small dents and a small crack near the bolt. It has a matching serial number (B7360) on the stock, bolt, receiver and under the magazine cover. The stock also has a stamp design (coat of arms type of insignia) in the wood.

If I were to decide to sell it, where is a good place to seek byuers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Semper Fi
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Marine......welcome to TFF. :)

What you have is a Model 1895 Chilean Mauser. If in original condition, the caliber is 7x57mm.

It may be an Army or Navy (anchor stamp) rifle, short rifle, or carbine.....can you post some pictures? Sharp, clear, well lit, pictures, full length, both left and right sides. Also clear, sharp, closeups of any numbers, markings, engraving, or unusual features. This will help us determine what you've got, and it's approximate condition and value.
  3. Marine7212

Marine7212 New Member

Pics added...

thanks again for any input!

Attached Files:

4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

OK....nice pix....thanks. :)

What you have appears to be the Standard Chilean Model 1895 Army Rifle, in original condition with all parts matching. Here's an interesting article on it: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_8_53/ai_n19313639

In the condition shown (60% to 70%), value is in the $150-$250 range.

For maximum price, I'd suggest one of the better online gun auction sites: http://www.auction-lynx.com/guns.html

The first one listed would be my first choice. The second listed would be my second choice.

Good Luck.
  5. Marine7212

Marine7212 New Member

Great info. Thanks!