Mauser HSC .380

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Squeak, May 1, 2006.

1. Squeak

Squeak Member

Many years ago, I was at the candy store ( gun shop ) & seen a cute little pistola that I didn't buy. I should have. Now I'm looking to cover that mistake, but I have no idea how plentifull or how much to expect to pay for a Mauser HSC .380 in todays market. Once I get some feedback from you experts out there, I'll probably post a wanted to buy add on the buy/ sell/ trade forum, but I don't have a gun blue book. Some oppinions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

The HSc Post war 380 should go for $200 for a very good cond one to $300+ for an excellent one
  3. Squeak

Squeak Member

Anybody have any thoughts about the reputation/reliability of this little guy?
  4. lead

lead Active Member

These are nice pistols, with a very distinctive look to them. They can usually be found in .380, or .32acp. They have a good reputation for reliability.
    Check out Gunsamerica.com and Gunbroker.com. There are usually a few for sale at any given time.
    Prices have gone up around here, $350 is an average price, higher if its stainless, or has a box with it.
  5. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I don't think you will find a decent one for less than $350, and if it's NIB you can expect to pay around $400. These are really excellent pistols, very reliable, and as good or better than the Walther counterpart. They were made in both blue and nickle finish, and there were some 500 commemorative models made.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The HSC's have a bad rep for feeding problems and every so often a cracked slide. Mauser licensed the Italy firm of Gamba in the 1980s to produce a double stack version of the HSC. The HSCs do seem to work better in the original chambering of 7.65, unlike the Walthers PPs and and PPKs they don't seem to work as well in .380.
  7. stash247

stash247 New Member

Gamba produced the 'HSC Super' as I recall, the double stack pistol, and only in .380.
    If one has a 'skinny' German gun, a little work on the ramp will make all the feeding problems, even with short bullets, history, in either caliber.
    A quality pistol, although a bit light in caliber.
  8. timbo55

timbo55 New Member

Looking for spare mag's for my Mauser .380 HSc.. cannot find any at local gun dealers
    or online. Lost my only spare in a gardening incident. Anyone have a metal detector...

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Carrying a handfull of loose rounds in case the first 7 don't "get-er-done" isn't working out for me.

Thank you.

Timbo
  9. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Try this:
    http://gunclips.net/
  10. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I bought an HSc new in 1973 that had two two barrels, one for .32acp and the other .380acp. Nothing was required beyond switching the barrel out to convert between calibers.

It was pretty accurate, but not very reliable. It jammed in feeding and ejection alot so I got rid of it in the mid-80's and traded it for a Baretta Model 84BB in .380. It's a little bigger than the HSc but is also a 13 shot and is way more reliable.
  11. timbo55

timbo55 New Member

Thank you Pinecone...

Found them listed but out of stock. Will try to order some.

Timbo
  12. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Good deal. I found lots of mags there that are difficult to find. When I ordered from them, everything went well.
  13. Semper Fi

Semper Fi New Member

14. krazy1

krazy1 New Member

If you are still looking for a MauserHSc 380,I have one still in the box in perfect shape with all paper work. Has been fire 4 times from factoryand 6 at range. If interested email at Bridgestrucking@gmail.com
  15. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Some of the wartime guns are pricey, but they are all in 7.65 (.32ACP). All .380 caliber guns are post-war. Be careful of nickel plated guns, as some WWII guns were plated after being brought back and have about zero collector value.

Personally, I don't like them as well as the Walther PP, but others may disagree.

Jim