Mauser HSc w/Navy Proof

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by arkjones, Jun 17, 2010.

1. arkjones

arkjones New Member

I have an HSc with the navy proof that I would like to find out a ball park value for. I am considering putting it on display in my den, instead of locked away, so I want to see if it is worth (insurance-value wise) to have it professionally appraised.

Serial num is 914---, all matching serials on parts. I would estimate the pistol's finish at 90-95%.

Two mags with Mauser stamp. Although they look like they have been through hell and back. The (aluminum?) mag follower in one has huge pits in it... maybe just from air bubbles in the production casting.

The grips have been replaced with some god awful orange plastic ones... if I can ever find some good originals I will put it back to that state. And no holster.

This one has an interesting story. As most HSc stories start "my grandfather/dad got it off a German officer...", well my grand dad was on a Destroyer which captured a disabled sub. He got the gun off of one of the crew. There is a picture in my grandmother's album of him on the deck of a sub leading prisoners off, so I have bought into the authenticity of the "war story" lol.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

A picture would really help. The Eagle/M mark should be on the left rear of the trigger guard if it is Navy issue. That number is a bit higher than some published figures for the second Navy group, but that really means little as the Navy bought those pistols (rather than having a contract), so serial numbers are not consecutive.

As always, condition is everything and the value in the condition described would be around $800, maybe less if the magazines are as bad as described.

Jim
  3. arkjones

arkjones New Member

I can't seem to get a good picture of the M 111/8... too small for my camera. :\

The navy marks are there. the M and the 8 is obvious... but for the longest time I thought that the III was an N. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the value estimate. I think I am going to go ahead and have it pro - appraised.