1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mauser, Mosin, and Swiss completed!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Pistolenschutze, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Well folks, I finally got all three of my Cruffler rifles put back together, with scopes mounted no less. Now all I have to do is bore sight them and then sight them in on the range, a task I plan for this weekend if the weather cooperates and the wind doesn't blow too hard. Some observations so far:

The Mauser 48 I dropped into a new wood stock, fitted a Huber trigger to it, put on an S&K scope mount, and an NcStar 2x7 LER scope (scout setup). It looks GREAT! The barrel and action I used were virtually new, so it should shoot very nicely indeed. Overall, the rifle looks like a far more expensive weapon than it really was to build.

The Mosin-Nagant M44 action I fitted to a new ATI stock and added an S&K scout mount setup along with another NcStar 2x7 LER. I left the bayonet attached mostly because I think it looks kinda neat. After I cleaned the bore carefully I found that the lands and grooves to be in very EXCELLENT condition, which was something of a surprise, I expected more wear. What resulted was a very handy little carbine indeed--light, short, and extremely comfortable to hold, and I hope, to shoot.

The Swiss K-31 amazed me. It was by far the easiest to work on, mainly because the parts fit together so well. I left this rifle military, only refinishing the stock and doing some thouch-up bluing as needed on the barrel and some of the fittings. The stock was dirty and grimy with oil and there were quite a number of dings from field use. The wood, however, was top notch so refinishing it was a joy. The barrel looks almost brand new after I thoroughly cleaned it and the straight pull action works butter smoothly. I might add here that I received a very nice surprise when I took off the butt plate to polish it. Underneath was the tag from the man who was originally issued the rifle. Of course I replaced it in its original position when I reassembled. The only real alteration I made was to add aother S&K scout mount and another NcStar 2x7 LER. I still have the rear sight so it could be remounted easily if I ever want to turn rifle back to full military configuraton.
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Looking forward to the range report.

Got any pics?
  3. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

What'd the tag say, PS? Post pics! Include rifles and the tag!
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Let us knows how this holds up there has been mixed reports on them