The Firearms Forum banner

mauser-nickl pistols

3K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  JLA 
#1 · (Edited)
mnjmh

#2 ·
Hello JuanGomez,

I'm not entirely sure that I understand your question. That being said, I understand that the Nickl 9mm parabelum did not have a chance to go into full production at Mauser because of restrictions placed on Germany after World War One ended. For this reason, the design (rotating barrel) was used under licence to make the Czeck Vz 22 pistol.

It's possible that examples were made at Mauser with and without the rotating barrel breach locking system. If you could more carefully type your question and provide pictures of your pistols it might be possible to provide additional information.

#5 ·
Google translate is having a bit of trouble translating the conjugation of your dialect. Try typing your questions in a more proper form of your language before translating. I have a sneaking suspicion that Google Translate is getting confused by some of your dialect slang.

By the way, welcome to TFF Juan Gomez.

#6 ·
Sorry, I'm not all that familure with Nickl's designs. Given that I have no idea of how your non-ratating barrel example works, I would have no idea if it was a novel design or not.

I suspect that when it comes to such rare firearms as yours, there may not be much if anything writen about them. For this reason, you may have to do some primary research of your own. I might suggest looking for Nickl in German patent records of the period. Before you do that, you might like to send some good quality images to the NRA museum in Washington D.C. With all of the data they have on firearms, there is a good chance that someone will know what you are looking for. To make it easy on yourself, I suggest sending your request in both English and Spanish.

#12 ·
La verdad es que ofreci las pistolas en algun momento en otros sitios.
Jamas prometi mandar nada. La supuesta operacion se hace en Buenos Aires.
En este sitio estoy preguntando una informacion sobre las pistolas, creo que es valedero y licito a las reglas del foro. No veo porque molesta al Sr.TRAP55 mi consulta sobre conocimiento o acaso el piensa impedir que el conocimiento avance... me resulta conocido ese tipo de pensamiento de despota.

Saludos juangomez

PD espero que TRAP55 no sea un personaje de EL DICTADOR con Sacha Baron Cohen, es decir toda una broma !!!
The truth is that guns offered at some point elsewhere.
Promised never to send anything. The alleged operation was done in Buenos Aires.
On this site I am inquiring information about guns, I think it is valid and lawful to the forum rules. Do not bother to see why my question about knowledge Sr.TRAP55 or perhaps he thinks prevent advance knowledge ... I find that kind of thinking known of despot.

greetings juangomez

PS I hope TRAP55 not a character in THE DICTATOR with Sacha Baron Cohen, that is all a joke!

For those of us that cannot read spanish.. :)

#14 ·
Gracias JLA, el tema de fondo es que tengo una pistola que no figura en ningun libro.

Es una de las pistolas Mauser Nickl que poseo, dado que de aparecincia son iguales.

PERO INTERNAMENTE, ES DECIR MECANICAMENTE ES TOTALMENTE DIFERENTE.
NO POSEE SISTEMA DE CAÑON ROTATIVO !!!

Saludos juangomez
Thanks JLA, the bottom line is that I have a gun that is not in any book.

It is one of the pistols Mauser Nickl I have, because of aparecincia are equal.

INTERNALLY BUT, THAT IS MECHANICALLY IS QUITE DIFFERENT.
SYSTEM HAS NO ROTARY CANNON!

greetings juangomez

Spanish to english.. Google Translate is here.. http://translate.google.com/transla...rSjETsnHEtGhtwf4p9ypDQ&ved=0CBsQrgYwAA#en|de|

#16 ·
Thanks to a friend.

I can confirm, after looking at the book Mauser Pistolen 2008.

That gun is not documented in any book of weapons ..

Because that looks like a gun found on pages 163-167 but is totally different mechanically speaking.

It is not rotating.

See my blog and see the look.

Greetings juangomez

#17 ·
Whats the reasoning behind editing your posts above? Looks suspicious to me..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.