The Firearms Forum banner

Mauser Sling

995 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  HVance 
#1 ·
Okay, I've decided to suck it up and ask the question that will certainly make me sound like a moron. In every picture I've seen of a Mauser with a sling, the part the runs through the butt stock is always laying nice and flat against the stock. Mine wants to stick out and looks stupid. What am I doing wrong? Is there some trick to making things nice and tidy? I can post a pic if need be but I'm pretty sure you'll understand my question.

Thanks All

#2 ·
Hop on You Tube and enter "Mauser K98 sling installation". There are a couple of '98 sling tutorials running that'll take the mystery out of it. Don't feel bad, forty something years ago I spent an entire day trying to figure out the installation of a Kerr sling on a US M1917 rifle. It's second nature now, but back then it was ARGH!

#3 ·
When I get home, I'll take a photo of mine. My little buckle part doesn't quite fit exactly in the cutout of my M48, so it kind of hangs open like a door. My sling is actually a repro, so I guess it's just a fit issue. If I push it in place for a photo, it looks fine, but it won't stay that way when I pick it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.