mauser

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by shugy, Jun 10, 2012.

1. shugy

shugy New Member

mauser 002.jpg

mauser 008.jpg

mauser 005.jpg

mauser 001.jpg just recieved a mauser semi-auto pistol, can't find any info from normal sites,think its a 1910 or 14 mod but unsure. has safety on body just above slightly behind grip, all markings are in german with reveiesgug written just above trgger any body have a clue what this is and how old?
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Welcome.

Suggest that you post some detailed pictures; especially of any markings.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Pics indeed. Mauser made many pistols between 1880 and 1940, the most prevalent of which was the C96 broomhandle
  4. shugy

shugy New Member

heres some pics
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Appears to be a 1906 FN 32, except that the FN had a straight backstrap and that one is curved.

Looks nothing like any Mauser I've seen.

Stamped all over that gun are Belgian proofs. Next to the word MAUSER that LEG in an oval is the proof for Liege Belgium. Those tower-looking things next to it are the Perron. Also Belgian.

http://damascus-barrels.com/Belgian_All_Proofmarks.html

With an obvious Belgian gun marked Mauser, I'm kinda thinking "Chinese copy".

Or somebody stamped it MAUSER because "everyone knows" that Belgian guns are crap while Mausers are great guns. Done to make it easier to sell.
  6. RJay

RJay Active Member

All the markings are crudely hand engraved, I agree with Alpo, either Chinese or Khyber Pass. I opp for the second, every thing about the gun looks crude.
  7. shugy

shugy New Member

Thanks alpo, most info i've seen yet, is it safe to fire?
  8. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

I would advise one NOT TO FIRE IT. I do not think anyone here can know if it is safe to fire, or not.

The India/Pakistan or China hand-made copies of well known British and European guns are metallurgical unknowns. They are almost never heat-treated or properly proofed.

In a low pressure caliber like .32 ACP, you may never have a problem; or you may get injured. Getting hurt is not good. Therefore, on a risk vs benefit basis; I advise not to load and fire it for fun.
  9. shugy

shugy New Member

Thanks to all, what a great site! maybe it will make a nice bookend!
  10. Jim K

Jim K New Member

"Mauser made many pistols between 1880 and 1940..."

Yep, but that is not one of them.

I agree that it is probably Chinese or Khyber pass origin. Just FWIW, no Mauser-made pistol would have Belgian proofs, even if it were sold in Belgium, since Belgium recognized German proof.

Jim
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

ill agree something looks fishy. take to a gunsmith and have him check it for safe operation. Dont fire it until its deemed safe.