Max. effective ranges

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by joncutt87, Oct 1, 2011.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

There is always an explanation when it's my mistake instead of another's. I'm still just going to push for some graceful correction rather than berating new guys in their first week on the forum.
  2. Regular Joe

Regular Joe New Member

If you think that power is granted by fair elections in this country, your misunderstanding is far more profound than nomenclature can fix.
  3. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

I never said anything was fair which goes to my point about how things get twisted by the liberals, and I know I did not say that elections were fair, but it is the process we have and in the end it does matter who gets elected.
  4. Regular Joe

Regular Joe New Member

We've strayed a little from the topic, but since we're here....
    Your next Commander in Chief will be Rick Perry. For the same reason that we got the one we got now, and for the same reason why we got W for a second term. Not because an overwhelming number of votes were cast, but because he is dubbed the Golden Boy of the Bilderberg group, who really run the world.
    Of course it matters who takes the office. It matters a whole lot more that it ain't the one we picked.
  5. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

Joe with all due respect..thats another topic and theres a forum for that..as you said about straying..if you reconise that problem, then please be part of the solution and not try to esclate the problem..just my thoughts...

now as to the scope in discussion..i was tought that a 6x18 was a 6 power scope with a fiel of view of 18 ft at 100 yds and a 6x-18x was a variable scope from 6 time to 18 power..the fov wasnt stated so is unknown at this point in the discussion.

i may be wrong but its what I was taught..so please enlighten me?? also i dont understand the eye relief? is it same as Focal length?
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

As for scopes.. a 6X18 would be a 6 power with an 18mm objective (they dont make them that tiny)..

a 6-18X is a 6 to 18 power variable zoom with whatever objective. Most scopes have 40mm objective lenses and 32mm occular lenses, but some of the big target scopes and tactical numbers have objectives as big as 56mm (maybe even bigger) and 35mm tubes with 40mm occular lens. Those scopes are MONSTERS and usually come with numbers like this 18-36X56 or fixed power 36X56 or 24X56. Get one of htose dudes with the adjustable parallax and you can use the full zoom at 25 yds. makes shooting bugs on the target easy as hitting coke cans at 50 yards.
  7. popgun

popgun New Member

Both were used out to 3000 yards in the great war