Max. reasonable retail price for a MN 44.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Laufer, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Laufer

Laufer New Member

My first was purchased last winter.
    Hoping to find a good twin/spare for it.

Will be going through a fairly small southern town today (a few hours away) where a Russian is listed for $135. No website, no pictures. This gun was bought from an individual, based upon what a lady said on the phone.
    If the metal is in really good shape, as with mine, should the stock have no chips or dark stained areas for that price? My 44 had lots of dark spots or stains in the otherwise good finish.

Any gun shipped into my preferred store has about $50-60 added for shipping and FFL, therefore, the $135 price indicated above seems fair.
    I've never been to a gunshow, but the money spent on gas for a 3-4 hour drive just to arrive, would negate any real savings.

What do other MN owners say? Must leave by noon today-thanks for any response. Will check other views tonight, in case stores at destination city also have one or more, for any possibilities on Saturday.
    My gun shopping only began last October. Until then had ONLY an ancient Savage .22 and pellet guns, so fairly new at this (am 53).
    Two used Minis (14/30), SKS, MN 44. Middle-aged, very late-bloomer with almost any guns, but was really bitten by the bug for combat rifles or at least the combat carbine looks.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

yikes that seems high, not sure about in your neck of the woods but here in IL. gander mountain had them for 79.00 and in excellent condition. they wholesale for any where from 59.00 to 99.00 depending on stock and condition. find another ffl to transfer to. 50 to 60 is to much these are C&R and aim surplus is selling factory reconditioned great looking rifles for 69.00 with oiler, sling,ammo pouch, tools.
  3. Laufer

Laufer New Member

Thnaks Oscarmeyer:

Roger that-I might call aim about it today.

Be aware that Sportsmansguide has now Discontinued selling 300 rds. HB Bulgarian!
    Chatted with them last night.