May be I need a new knife

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by 358 winchester, Dec 5, 2007.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is a few of my sharp edged friends
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  2. Ron, do you have any folders as well as the fixed blades? I always carry a knife with me wherever I go, but normally a folder. I have quite a number of fixed blades too, but usually only carry those in the field.
  3. 358 winchester

The first picture is all folders they are just open.
    cold steel broker case Gerber CRKT old timer imperial to name a few, the big wooden one in the middle close to the bottom is a Chicago cutlery folding butcher knife with a six and half inch blade, one of my carry camping knives.
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I do not need a new knife.
    I have a couple extras.
    Don't know if I should post pics or not.
  5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

never enough firearms or blades.
  6. williamd

williamd New Member

Have about 200 knives! Some very nice. Was in TX last week and needed a knife - can't fly with one and forgot to pack one. So, bought a Schrade at TSC .... yep, China! A bit better than the WallyMexMart Buck China crappo but very disappointing. Took it back and bought a Matador (made in Matador, TX). A fine knife!
  7. 358 winchester

I took the time to look up the Matador Knife company and they have some nice stuff at very fair prices. I will be ordering a couple soon !!
    Thanks Ron
  8. williamd

williamd New Member

I have a couple of Moore Matadors ... a Congress and a Stockman. The Congress I bought in Santa Fe a couple of years ago so paid Santa Fe prices.:eek: Have not seen the Congress in any display cases. I am very happy to see a US knife maker of this quality and, as you say, reasonable prices. I also like Anza knives (neat website) and they have some specialty stuff. Anza's are made near where Buck used to be. Still like Buck and Schrade ... just know to check where they are made! Have a Buck I found in the Anza Borrego when on a climbing trip over 30 years ago that is still in nice shape after a lot of use.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  9. 358 winchester

I am anxious to hear what the new owner thinks of that one I ordered for him
    :D:D:D:D:D
  10. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

That may have far reaching repercussions.
    You know what they say about payback........
    :D:D:D
  11. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

I understand that Schrade is now made in China, But Buck??? The factory for Buck is about 60 miles my house. It is located in Post Falls Idaho. Now where they get their steel from I have no clue. I do know the factory is here in Idaho. They have about sixty people working at the plant from what I have been told. catfish
  12. williamd

williamd New Member

I am told Buck and Schrade have plants in US and China. Yep, my latest Buck says China on it. It is junk! The Schrade-China knife is not too bad compared to the Buck! Plus, Remington, Winchester branded knives I have seen of late are also China!

I lived about 1.5 miles for Buck when they were in El Cajon, CA prior to the very wise move to Idaho. Lived/worked in BC for a decade and got to hunt upper WA and Idaho. Great country! Also, BC, Yukon, NWT. So, why the heck am I in CA!!??? Work and money!

We may never have to fight China ... they wiill just own us! :eek::mad: