MAYBE IM PARANOID

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by old semperfi, Feb 15, 2010.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    I WAS WONDERING HOW MANY PEOPLE BESIDES ME KEEP A GUN WITHIN REACH ALMOST EVERYWHERE IN YOUR HOME.I HAVE NUMEROUS FIREARMS IN DIFFERENT PLACES THROUGHOUT MY HOUSE.IF I HAVE A BREAKIN WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO IF YOU CANT REACH A GUN WHER YOUR AT. OLD SEMPERFI
  2. Farmerjon

Farmerjon New Member

Know exactly where you are coming from Semper. Having a bedroom gun is worthless if your sitting in your easy chair watching the tv when they come thru the door. I have a few scattered through out the house. Grandson and his mother are living with us and him being a two year old, I have to protect him from himself also, so it is an interesting combo. Once all are moved out, a few more revolvers will be located closer, right now it is shotguns hung on walls. Nope, not paranoid, just prepared.
  3. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

lets see... 12 gauge leaned against the wall in the living room beside my favorite spot on the sofa. 45/410 derringer that has never been fired (and i hope never is) on the mantel. SKS on a wall mount in the kitchen, hi-point .40 in the cabinet over the refrigerator, iver johnson .32 revolver in the office on the desk. 3 inch barrel judge in my bed room on the night stand, 6 inch barrel in my pantry. i usually have my taurus .38 snub in my back pocket or on my ankle. im not paranoid, ive been robbed while i was at home before and it wont happen again.
  4. Just One Shot

Just One Shot New Member

No need to yell.
    :D

I keep it simple by just keeping one gun on me at all times. Less clutter that way.
    ;)
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Your not paranoid old semperfi...I try to carry one at all times.
    And if one isnt on me, I have no problems haveing one in an instant
    in my home. If someone comes in on me "un-invited", I plan to be the
    one telling the law what happened. MPO.
  6. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

No paranoia here just preparedness. Times are a chang'n. No children in my home so here is my easy chair piece (it turned out to be to heavy to carry). There is the bed side and the kitchen pieces too.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  7. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

thats nice. where did you pick that up at?
  8. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Woah i want one!
  9. coffeehound

coffeehound New Member

i agree with having a firearm if not on very close maybe its just an old MARINE thing but it works for me and seems the right thing the way things are in the world
  10. red14

red14 New Member

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service! It is not paranoia if the threat is real.

Semper Fi, Marine, from an OLD sailor.:cool:
  11. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

ditto..
  12. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

The book is just something home made. Old guys have lots of idle time on their hands. Figured after all these years I pretty well had the home repair stuff down pat so sacrificed the Reader Digest. Cut out the center and glued the pages together and wala. Looks innocent enough laying on the floor beside the chair.
  13. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

i am very tempted to do this. ive always wanted a hollowed out book for a hiding place. its so cliche' but so cool at the same time
  14. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

aha! yeah. if i woke up from the sofa, rubbed the boogers out of my eyes and turned to see that staring at me through the window i would blast it in the face and then die of a heart attack.
  15. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

No paranoia registered here. A craftsman always keeps the tools handy!
  16. NitroDave08

NitroDave08 New Member

I have 1 weapon handy. I dont like the idea of laying guns around the house. I always think that someone may get to one of my bigger guns than the one that I have. That be a heck of a note to be shot by one of my own guns.
  17. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  18. trapperdick

trapperdick New Member

I like the book idea, but it needs to be a Bible........the bad guys never read a Bible.
  19. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

I bet they wouldn't read "Gone with the Wind" either.
  20. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

Heh! Thats too funny. I thought I was the only wacko nutjob because I keep one within reach at all times. As I type I have my LCR 6 inches away, just in case someone someone tries to steal my beer.:D
    I dont leave a bunch of guns laying around but always have one near me. The rest I keep in the safe til I need a gun fix, then I go in the safe and hode em.;):D