MAYBE IM PARANOID

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by old semperfi, Feb 15, 2010.

1. whirley

whirley Member

People are now commuting from the Poconos to NYC. One new neighbor commented to my wife about how quiet and safe it feels to live here. However, she said that knowing many people in the area have guns makes her nervous. My wife told her that the area is safe, quiet and peaceful because all those people have guns, and others know it.
  2. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    That's awesome. :)
  3. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

A shotgun for every room and my trusty ruger 45 on me with a rottweiler/pittbull alarm system with chomp feature , yep im ready and able.Get by the dogs im waiting .
  4. Claudius Valarium

Claudius Valarium Member

So. Central TX, AKA the Middle of Flyover Country
    Miles, is this the AK you took to the TX Shoot? A few of us got to test drive it, thanks.
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I keep every gun I have loaded. There are several laying out most of the time, though I don't have them strategically placed around the house. I just keep them handy. About two nights each week the dog lets me know that there is "something" outside the house. Almost always a raccoon or opossum, and she usually gets them herself, but those things have become such a nuisance that I don't want one to get away because it got higher up the tree than she can climb (and I've twice seen her climb a tree to get a raccoon).

Because we live at a campground frequented but up to 100 children at a time, the house is always locked. Always. Even when we're both sitting on the front porch and no one else is supposed to be here.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Yep, that old SKS ain't none too accurate but for anything from the fornt porch to the road, it'll get the job done! You can't see whats on the top of the book case to well, but there is another 30rd mag there for it, along with a couple of pistols, ammo for both, flashlight, binoculars, and the two red cups are for some .38 DEWC, and spent brass. I really do shoot off my front porch, and the road is "IN RANGE".
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  7. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I'm sort of in the same position as others here, grandkids running loose. I do however have several positioned around the house. I don't consider myself paranoud eitherm
  8. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member