maybe she should have stuck to the housewares aisle

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by stumpjumper, Sep 18, 2012.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's a bunch of B.S. If it were me i would go straight to an attorney. It is nice to see that guns sales for women are up. Dang, Obama is quite the gun salesman.
  3. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

The salesman is an idiot. It is NOT illegal to buy a gun for a spouse or child who is legally allowed to purchase for themselves. A straw sale is when the gun is purchased for someone unrelated and/or NOT legally allowed to own, with knowledge of that condition.
    He had NO cause for suspicion of a straw sale if she specified this, and as her husband was with her.
  4. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Exactly you cant buy firearms for people for example if the other person has a felony etc.

just like highboy said that is BS.

SHE NEEDS TO SUE WAL MART!
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Typical case of someone that does not understand the law. How in the world would anybody ever buy their son, daughter, wife or husband a gun for a christmas present or birthday gift? Someone needs to educate the sales staff. Sounds alot like some of the laws that are being made as we go these days....
  6. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

what an idiot. I've bought two guns for my wife and wasn't an issue; how else are you supposed to buy a gun for your kid under 18 or 21? You're allowed to hunt at 12 which means you can have a gun but can't buy it yourself until 18. So that means a 'straw' purchase. idiots.

and if a gun counter guy trys to tell me what I want or don't want, I'll buy from somewhere else (and tell him he's a jackaxx). It's my money, I'll buy whatever I want smart guy!
  7. whirley

whirley Member

Logical rule...NEVER NEVER buy guns from WAL-Mart. The sales staff are only clerks, moved from one place to another. Deal with your local gun shop, and you'll get excellent service from knowledgeable people. It won't cost any more and you'll have a better selection!
  8. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

If I was her I woulda whipped out my cell and called corporate. Right then, right there.

Having said that, a gun dealer can refuse to sell a gun to anyone at any time for any reason or no reason at all. And in this day and age of ATF "stings", if you THINK there's anything hinky about it, a lot of 'em will turn it down.

Had a feller come in smelling of reefer. Obviously had been blowing one when he pulled into the parking lot. He asked to see a gun and I told him no, and to get the hell of the store.

Another time a guy and girl came in. He picked out the gun. She just stood there. When the decision was made, and the 4473 hit the counter, she stepped up. We took the gun and paper back and told 'em to get out of the store.

I realize the problem. If I'm helping someone chose one, because I am much more experienced with them than they are, but when it comes time to do the paper I hand it to them, it damn sure looks like a straw purchase. I get it. But, if I was the clerk and saw what I just described, I'd kick 'em out of the store. It's not worth a possible sale and a couple hundred bucks profit versus your license and livelihood.
  9. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

She should have, 1. Called the clerk's bluff to call the FBI, and 2. Asked to see the store manager. It's apparent to me that she didn't know her rights.
  10. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

According to the article, the manager was called, and he just stood there while the clerk accused her of trying to straw purchase.
  11. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

there was something on the radio yesterday about walmart cashier tearing up not one, but two 100 dollar bills from some lady; the clerk apparantly was an expert and thought they were counterfeit. Cops show up and verify the bills are good and walmart refused to give her money in exchange for the bills they destroyed!

happened back in 2010.

http://gawker.com/5943986/texas-wom...eal-100-bills-without-checking-if-theyre-fake

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/wal...ing-they-are-fake-then-try-to-give-them-back/

someone else received a counterfeit bill from walmart and they refused to make good and correct the problem.

I try and stay as far away from wally world as I can, they're a bunch of big corporate shmucks.

But I think Alpo is right, they can refuse anytime for any reason, however ridiculous.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012