McCain has lost it

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by satellite66, Apr 30, 2006.

1. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

This guy wants clean government. How does violating my first amendment rights stop pols from being corrupt? He is off the wall and getting worse. Pols make gov corrupt. CFR did nothing to stop pols from being corrupt. All it did was protect incumbents and he knows this. :mad:

"He [Michael Graham] also mentioned my abridgement of First Amendment rights, i.e. talking about campaign finance reform....I know that money corrupts....I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected, that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I'd rather have the clean government." John McCain on Imus show

Video
  2. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

McCain et al are prime examples of the reason for term limits!!

It his statement he is violateing his oath of office, in which he vows to up hold the constitution. :mad:
  3. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

The crucial realization to remember, when we're talking about McCain, is that he doesn't want a clean government. He wants to restrict freedom of speech in order to protect his incumbent status, to hold onto and retain power. Anything else he says is hot air.
  4. Bernie109

Bernie109 Former Guest

McCain has spent too much time in the hanoi Hilton. He could very well be the / a "Manchurian Candidate"
  5. dge479

dge479 New Member

I think you have nailed this solidly. I think this what he is all about.
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Even if the polls are "uncorrupt" as he say's does he really think that would in any way shape or form help him get re-elected
  7. Bernie109

Bernie109 Former Guest

In order for McCain to have "Lost it" He had to have "Had it" In the first place. He might have had one too many days at the Hanoi Hilton and could very well be a "Manchurian Senator"
  8. IBFrank

IBFrank New Member

Yes, McCain never had "it" in the first place. He IS the Manchurian candidate. All he wants is power, the power to stuff his pockets while the stuffing is good. He's as power mad as Hillary. He just uses different words to say the same things liberals do.
  9. billt

billt Former Guest

Let's just hope and pray that Romney gets the Republican nomination and not that turd. We've been putting up with him for too long already here in Arizona. Bill T.
  10. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I AGREE WITH Bernie - - -

How could the IDIOT loose it if he never had it??????????????????

If he ever had any sense before his military, I think the Hanoi Hilton brainwashed it all out of him......
  11. billt

billt Former Guest

I think when it all comes down to it, the fact he served on the Forrestal, and stayed at the "Hilton" isn't going to matter much to voters. In fact it could very well backfire. Remember Kerry with the Swift Boat guys. Bill T.
  12. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

snow balls have a better chance in hell than romney does at getting elected president.... you need the south to win & i dont see the south voting for a northeastern liberal republican... a better hope would be for george allen to get the nod. he's more conservative on a bad day, than romney is on 1 of his good 1s.
  13. billt

billt Former Guest

I said that about Carter over Ford. Remember the Presidency is a beauty contest. Romney is younger, far more dynamic, a better speaker, better looking, etc. That counts for a lot. Plus, he'll carry Mass. When is the last time a Republican did that?? Women vote too, and most vote with their eyes, not their brains. Thats how Clinton won twice with less than 50% of the vote. Don't sell Romney out just yet. 2 years is a long time. What will control this more is how bad Bush keeps screwing things up for the Republicans. If he stays on this road they won't elect God himself if he is Republican! Bill T.
  14. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

no offense, but i dont think you know the south.:) i dont count on republicans to make the same mistakes that were made when clintoon was elected. we've gone thru 9-11 since then....

ETA ~ not all republicans believe pres. bush has screwed up either. some of us recognize that he cant be all things to all people. i have been critical of him for his stance on immigration, but he's not done any worse than any other pres. in recent history concerning that....
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  15. billt

billt Former Guest

What you say may be true, however it makes zero difference because his poll numbers are lower than Jimmy Carter and Herbert Hoover. Personally my only bitch with Bush is he's spending like a drunken sailor, and getting us nothing for it. Yes, the war on terror costs money to fight, but 9 TRILLION for a national debt?? That I cannot buy into. And we were led to believe the Democrats were the big spenders. If the Dems. get control of the houses back in a couple of months it's only going to make Bush look worse than he is now. The Republicans had better have a canadate ready whos a hell of a lot sharper than John McCain! Bill T.