Meatloaf Pizza

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Roadkil, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Roadkil

Roadkil Member

I made this the other night using 1 lbs. of deer breakfast sausage, and 1 lbs. of ground venison burger. I am sure you can make it with whatever meat trips your fancy, but some form of sausage is key.

1 lbs. venison breakfast sausage
    1 lbs. venison burger
    2 cups bread crumbs
    ½ Cup beef broth
    2 eggs slightly beaten
    ½ Cup Chopped onion
    ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
    ½ tsp. sugar.
    1 package pepperoni slices
    1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 jar pizza sauce
    1 package bacon.

Combine the sausage, burger, bread crumbs, beef broth, eggs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well. Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Place half of the meat mixture on a lightly greased cookie sheet and work it out into an oblong shape. Slather on some of the pizza sauce, lay down some pepperoni to within 1/2 “ from the edge of the meat, layer on some mozzarella cheese. Take the other half of the meat mixture and cover the bottom half. Crimp edges together to seal in cheese, sauce and pepperoni. Now wrap the meat loaf completely with whole slices of bacon.

Place in the oven and cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes @ 350 degrees. Remove from oven. Add another layer of pizza sauce and more pepperoni on top of the bacon and cover with more mozzarella cheese. Place back in oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with garlic bread and extra pizza sauce.
  2. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

That sounds good. Now I'm hungry.
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

No hot stuff!
  4. Roadkil

Roadkil Member

Nothing some crushed red peppers, some chopped banana peppers mixed in or say a few shakes of the tobasco bottle won't fix. ;)
  5. navis128

navis128 New Member

I admit that from time to time I'm dyslexic, but where's the pizza crust?
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Because of the sauce?:confused:
  7. Tight Runner

Tight Runner New Member

Sounds good!